Cool Homeless Panhandler Sign

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We've all seen them. Supposedly "homeless" guys holding cardboard signs. Normally I just ignore them but today I saw a guy in a wheelchair holding a sign that said "Let's go half on a beer. I'll drink your half and then you can drink my half. I gave the guy a couple of bucks for creativity

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What does csb mean?

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Cool story bro?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I always like the ones that say I need weed money. I saw a few in New York and instead of giving them cash I let them hit the vape. Paying it forward.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I was walking around the French Quarter one day and this guy asks me for $5 for food. Rather than give him money I told him I'd bring him over to a diner and buy him breakfast. He accepted and we started over to the diner. After a few steps he told me he really didn't want the money for breakfast but for beer. I don't know what it was about him but I offered him the $5. He refused it and walked away. It was weird I really felt for the guy. He looked like the world had beaten him up yet he had something that stopped him from taking a gift.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A guy approached me at a gas station with a hard luck story about needing gas money to go to some "emergency." I told him I didn't have any cash but if he pulled his car up to the pump I would put $5 in with my credit card. Turns out the guy didn't have a car.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Every time I stop at State and Highland...

Bengal B likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

They're really bad in NOLA. You see them at almost every busy intersection. I don't mind throwing them some money when I'm actually carrying cash. I figure if they're down on their luck so bad that they have to stand out in the heat begging for money, then why not help; especially if (they claim) they're vets, but then you see them same ones at the same place every day and it gets old fast.