Cops can search your home without warrant

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tiger fan 2001, Mar 28, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've got to agree on this one. 90% of all of the cops I've ever dealt with were professional, honest, efficient, and courteous. But the one cop that was rude, physically abusive, threatening, and ignored all due process has forever colored my opinons of the police. Especially since the "good cops" turned their backs and let this one prick harass me. If I had complained, they would have lied under oath to protect their own, at least that's what they warned me.

No, the police don't get rid of their bad apples and they protect each other even if they have to lie or commit perjury. There are cops that will abuse this search ruling. I say, make the cops call a judge an get a warrant if they have probable cause. I do not trust them to make this decision. For the most part, I trust the judges to have a clear head and fair opinion. Cops have computers in their cars these days, getting a warrant by wireless Email would only take minutes and would prevent a lot of abuse.

We are protected from unlawful search by the Bill of Rights. This is not something we should give an inch on.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Its amazing to me how our rights are erroded everyday in this country and people just don't care anymore.

I've never been arrested the only thing that I've ever gotten was a traffic ticket but when I lived in Anchorage I use to deliver newspapers in the mornings between 1am and 5 am.

I got to know a few cops because of delivering downtown and stopping at
    donut shops every now and then, they also knew my vehicle then.
    I delivered in that area for about 2 years and there was 1 cop whomed I didn't know that was always rude to me and he pulled me over and warned me
    about driving on the wrong side of the road at 3am when no one is on the road, he said next time he would give me a ticket.

The other cops didn't care as I was smart enough to be careful but sometimes you had to do this to throw a paper somewhere, other newspaper
    people do the same and I do realize it probably isn't legal but then again speeding isn't either.

I would gladly have invited the "good" cops in but I want my right to keep the bad one's out.
    Its always that 1 to 10 percent that ruin it for everyone including cops.