Cops have gotten out of hand..

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 19, 2015.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

thats a tough call i think, if they found fingerprints on the taser, i think he would have gotten off.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The video made it possible for the city to fire him immediately and file murder charges. I don't understand why they are protesting and asking for the mayor to be fired. There was absolutely no police cover-up here. Without the video there would have been a lengthy investigation but there still would have been some questions impossible for the cop to answer.

1. How did a bad tail light and failure to pay child support result in the use of deadly force?

2. The guy was running away, you are younger and more fit, why didn't you chase him and call for backup?

3. If you had a taser, why didn't you use it? If he took your taser, dropped it, and ran away why did you shoot him?

3. How did a fellow get five shots in his back and head if he was a threat, none of which show close-range power residue. This is literally a smoking gun bit of evidence.

tigermark and Winston1 like this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

yea i dont get the protest either, the mayor and the police chief have been as transparent as you can get.
    the family has handled it well, even though i know their lawyer personally and how he ever came to represent them is a mystery in itself.

4. red55

A high school friend of mine was pulled over yesterday in Grant Parish by a young deputy. Were talking about a gray-haired lady in a Ford Expedition, here. He rudely questioned her and asked if she took drugs or ever had a speeding ticket. She told him she was 60 years old! Of course she takes drugs and had some speeding tickets. There was a medicine bottle on her console. He asked for permission to search and she told him no, so he called the drug dog. She asked why she was pulled over and he told her than she ran onto the rumble dots on the highway stripe. "What statute did I violate?" she asked, noting that the rumble dots are there specifically so that people would run over them and know that they were near the edge of the pavement.

To make a long story short the deputy got more and more pissed, the drug dog arrived and did not signal any drugs. The Supervisor arrived, quickly sized up the situation, apologized to my friend, and told the sound deputy to lay off her and get back to the station.

Bottom line . . . cops need adult supervision by senior cops who have their shit together. Some of them are power-trippers and that must not be tolerated by management.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

wow
    for running over rumble dots.

6. red55

The deputy supervisor admitted to my friend that they were looking for a white Expedition that had been running crystal meth from country "labs" to Alexandria. The young cop just pulled over the first one he saw and treated her like she was guilty.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

bad policing and probably why he isnt a detective trying to be one at the same time.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

next people will be making bumper stickers in the same vain as catholic priests.

I am thankful for all the good cops! which is supposed to validate all the shitty ones.

90% my ass. on either count.

id go 70/30 with the 70 having many more days like the latter than vice versa.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i get it. the first report BY THE POLICE was all lies. http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150404/PC16/150409635
    to many, I'm sure, whatever the mayor and police chief say now is irrelevant (they shouldn't get credit for not telling lies). this is in fact why the witness waited days to come forward.

10. red55

No, it wasn't. The article stated the facts reported by the officer and that an investigation was underway. This is standard procedure. It would have been wrong for them to issue anything but the generic report they issued at the time, before the facts had been gathered. The emergence of the video allowed them to fire the officer and charge him immediately. But he was already going to have some serious questions for shooting a person in the back. It might have taken months to get him before a grand jury but he would have ended up there.