Cops have gotten out of hand..

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 19, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I can agree with that. But I also strongly believe that if you don't get stupid your probability of being shot decreases.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

an overreaction without all of the facts,the emotion had to deal with the underlying issues in that area of the country, they just looked at the shooting as an excuse of be violent, (not all where) instead of going to the polls and voting.
    people cant complain and protest if they dont vote.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

i agree with that as well, but this guy was no threat, he was running .05 mph.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I understand what you are saying, but I don't see this polite officer shooting a guy in a car for having a broken tail light or a warrant. If the fellow had not taken off none of what actually followed would have happened. What followed was definitely an unjustifiable crime, but I don't think the officer decided to just go out and murder a black man that day.

Something set that cop off. Many of us have seen cops go from polite to abusive in a heartbeat if they feel disrespected or threatened in any way. And it doesn't matter much what color you are, if you give a cop lip, you are likely to get an ass whipping. If you make him feel threatened, you may just get shot.

The key to understanding what changed is what happened between those videos. And I'm a little suspicious of the shooting video. It started the instant that the suspect began to run away, completely focused, framed up and steady. It would not surprise me if they discover that in the days between it being shot and it being turned over to the police . . . some of that video was edited out. Perhaps video that showed the suspect trying to go for the officers taser or something similar that made this cop lose control.

If I was the defense attorney for the cop, I definitely would be trying to get the cellphone and computer seized and searched. It would look very bad for evidence of tampering to come out.

5. TwistedTiger

Absolutely and it appears to be a case of stupid bad cop. However that's not the norm. The norm is usually just like Ferguson where a criminal is justifiably shot. Of course that doesn't stop those that make millions off of race hate like AL Sharpton from spreading their lies and hate. If honest citizens would spend less time listening to Sharpton and burning the town down and instead focusing on real solutions progress could be made.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

all of that is reasonable, but going for the taser doesnt equate to being shot in the back running away, if he did do that. the video to me shows the cop moving evidence himself and putting the taser next to the guys body. Even if that wasnt the intent, he tampered with evidence.

also, cops are train to deal with belligerence in any matter, it could have been a negative or sarcastic response that could set him off in any stop. The cop seems to have a history of terrible responses, if you read the other incident he was involved in. So to me he has a temper problem

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I feel the same way about Rush Limbaugh.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

said that in earlier post, millions of stops, 100s of shootings, 5 to 10% bad cops.
    im going to assume 60% of those protesting dont vote, even if the beef is legitimate, they dont vote in local elections that affect local policy.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

So do I, can't stand him.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

He knew the dashcam was on. you really think he would have just blown the dude away for sitting in his car? He got caught up in the heat of the moment, he wasn't planning on killing the guy.

And if I can only say things that are absolutes, then I wouldn't be saying much. I mean what is an absolute anyway? We have to be reasonable in our statements and no reasonable person would say that the guy would have been shot had he obeyed and cooperated.