Corey Webster Status

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Oct 21, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Not that I'm worried that we can't beat Troy without Corey Webster but I just received an e-mail from TAF with Nick Saban as the source stating that Corey Webter practiced all week and is expected to play:

Saban said the Tigers head into the Troy contest in good shape health wise as All-America cornerback Corey Webster has practiced all week and is expected to see action on Saturday.

The very same e-mail contains a link to a story in the S'Port Times http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041021/SPORTS0202/410210326/1001/SPORTS which claims that his satus is questionable at best:

"Corey has actually done more than I thought he could," LSU coach Nick Saban said after practice Wednesday. "But the problem now is not his knee. He's got a nerve problem in his foot and can't lift it all the way up. So we will make a decision Saturday if we start him, play him or decide what kind of role he'll have."

What's the deal ? I say let him fully heal before he hits the field again.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

The way I look at it...dont play corey this weekend unless you have to or hes 100 percent. Starting prude at corner again is just gonna give him more starting corner experience for next year....he played a good game at Florida and is only gonna get better with more experience.

3. Soap

Soap Founding Member

If Corey doesn't play, hopefully we'll see more of chevis jackson.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

This hip pointer has extended for 2 months now

Treatment to cure these damned things ... rest via the BENCH. Ice, anti-inflammatories and cortisone helps when he plays, but only time heals. Even without a fracture (he has no fracture per X-rays) continued hits are taking their toll on Corey this year ... the kid is a headhunter

If you look closely at him during games he has played hurt, you can see the doughnut pad he wears over his hip crest. This monster is cumbersome and limits his mobility somewhat.

Just a bad break this year with Webster and Green ... fluke friggin injuries from friendly hits take your best players out :cuss: ... last year blessed, this year ****ed