"Corndogs" on the helmet - just kidding but would be funny

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Exile, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I am watching the Fresno State v USC game and looked up and saw the script "Bulldogs" on the helmet and just had a moment of levity. I know we have taken weird abuse about being corndogs from most other fans and it used to bother me. I no longer care, but I think it would be funny (all tradition aside) if we came out with "Corndogs" in script on the helmets for just one game. It would need to be a team like 2011 that could just kick ass and take names. If we arse-raped Auburn who I think was the originator of the stupid nickname, there really couldn't be anyone to say jack after that. This is just a fun post. Embrace your inner corndog and F every other team! Geaux Tigers!

2. dudley

dudley Veteran Member

Please explain why LSU and "corndogs" go together?

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

They don't and that is why it would be funny...our dumbass opponents have taken to it for who knows why.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish Goldmember

It comes from a bunch of know nothing gumps who have apparently never experienced tailgating all day in sweltering fall heat before piling into the stadium for a nightgame. One can only wonder what kind of corndogs they associate with the smell of bourbon and sweat.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish Goldmember

Desperation and lack of originality. Ripped off from some midwest team's insult to their rival.

Richdog likes this.
  6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Years ago someone wrote a long story about how Iowa or Iowa state fans smell like corn dogs. Iowa=corn. Makes sense. Some auburn fan the plagiarized it and changed Iowa to LSU. That's how it started.

b_leblanc, cajdav1 and Tiger Exile like this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The ability to laugh at yourself is a fabulous attribute, but this would be going way too far.

Tiger Exile likes this.
  8. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

I had read that it was originally about Nebraska, which makes sense (Cornhuskers/Corndogs). Regardless, it was plagiarized by an Auburn fan, in a lame attempt at humor.

I like the fact that the rest of the conference has embraced that as their moniker for us. It shows their ignorance. The faggots over in Texas are the best though; most of them are so eager to fit in to the SEC that they missed the part about us smelling like a corndog. They think we consume mass quantities of them and our diets revolve around them.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Veteran Member

Wait, so the Outback Bowl is now the CornDog bowl?

BayouBengal014 and furduknfish like this.
  10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

As lame as the corndog thing is.. how is it evan an insult? Corndogs are fucking delicious.