Coronavirus Justice

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Apr 16, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They did that before this....

If you are so scared of how others live their life, stay home. Or get a mask. Or do whatever YOU feel is best.

Or do you need the government to let you know how to act?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is a effing idiotic statement. Two reasons at least. First there is a equal responsibility that goes with every right and that pastor encouraged the most irresponsible actions possible in this environment. NO right is absolute. Look at laws limiting speech (libel, slander and treason). Likewise there are laws limiting every one of the 10 amendments. So your statement is ignorant as well.
    Second the constitution isn’t a suicide pact. Throughout the history of the country freedoms and rights have been limited or curtailed in an emergency. We’re in an emergency sport.
    Finally you’re really asserting anarchy not freedom. You’re saying individual rights always supersede the needs of the country. That was anathema to the founders of our country and is a path to disaster.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

No, but many share the same values. Point is, if your are pissed over the loss, you have the freedom to leave, but then, where would you go?

We can revolt, become constitutionalist or just shoot our guns in the sky. But the one thing that remains is there is literally nowhere to go that one could regain the freedoms they insist their rights upon. You're pissed, but that's it

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How come when people are challenged here, the go to is "you are pissed?"

I am literally not pissed. I dont live in a stupid fucking state as to arrest people for going to church.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Louisiana is ran by idiots. Anyone who wants to support people like Edwards dictating what you can and cant do, have at it.

The governor of New Jersey, as seen on Tucker, admitted to not even considering the bill of rights while making up new restrictions on the people.

That isn't something to be cheered because you may think religion and church are dumb.

Today its church, tomorrow it could be you....

StaceyO, el005639 and watson1880 like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

"Strong-minded" about constitutional rights. Better?

And I don't feel the least bit challenged. Kinda hard to when we are all in the same giant boat.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Who created this boat? The government. Think about that for a second as you ponder the idea of letting them have control....

el005639 likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It’s amazing how conditioned we are of this virus to shame anyone exercising their civil liberties. So most Americans want to do the right thing but you decide how you go out not anyone else. It’s an individuals choice whether you like it or not.

in fact the real worry is how everyone does as told regardless how silly it is. We have not saved any lives by flattening the curve. We’ve simply have been in hiding but the same people are going to get it unless they live in a bill gates bubble.

That’s what pride is trying to say. Do what you need to do for your family despite what these idiots are telling you. Most people need to get back to work and being productive again to survive.

this is a fucked up precedent we’ve set.

StaceyO, el005639, watson1880 and 2 others like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bruh, independent of your interpretaton of our rights, people should just be bros and not gather in huge groups.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats fine for whoever wants to do it, but I find it extremely hypocritical to allow people to shop at Lowes and arrest people who go to church....

I dont even go to church normally, but the principle of the matter is what is most striking to me.

This is foul to me.

StaceyO and el005639 like this.