Corso likes LSU in the West

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Apr 12, 2008.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Well last I checked all of those teams mentioned except tOSU had two losses... but what you fail to hear was how USC lost to a 40+ point underdog at home against their backup QB... LOL... and how LSU was undefeated in regulation. But you'll always have that USC poser kiss a$$ crap on ESPN... it's almost as disgusting as how Herby sucks the jocks of the Big Ten.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

embarrassing argument
    herbie is very objective. listen to his radio show when he isnt scripted and you will appreciate him.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I often wonder after reading you post... how much you really like LSU football at all. You seem to be one of the fairest weather fans i've seen in a while.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

How do you figure? It's actually a decent arguement when you look at the teams mentioned by others as to who should have played in the BCSNC.

LSU never lost in regulation, but of the 2 losses by a combined total of 8 points... it was to 2 schools both of whom had legitimate Heisman candidates.

USC lost two games, 1 to a 40+ underdog at home by a backup QB... and to Oregon who had Dixon not gone down would've been the National Champions.

and then UGA who lost big to a team that couldn't get past us in the SECCG. C'mon.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

no, the in regulation argument is on par with a recruiting national championship.

i also am objective and dont hide in my closet from those espn monsters that are out to get me. they are paid to make projections., just because they are wrong doesnt mean they hate you.

im not comparing it to other teams -- just that argument in general. i thought les looked dumb saying it and our fans do too. it doesnt make you less of a fan to say that. i dont need to justify winning a national championship. like any tournamnt or championship, the winning team has luck along the way. we had some, and we should enjoy it. that is all.

thats cool. i came to the games in the nineties, i think that is enough. recognizing objectivity from being a homer is tough for some.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Historically ESPN along with Herby and Corso have never given LSU it's proper dues. Either it's the Big Ten or the mighty USC Trojans... and if you think Herby is not biased then you're sadly mistaken... seeing as how is a born Ohio native and ex tOSU QB. So I doubt I am paranoid on that one.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

First of all I have co-interviewed Kirk and have played golf with him so I know that isnt true (I am really kewl, yes, with a k -- actually i just ran into him in grad school and he agreed to do it. edit to add that golf was a fluke too so i dont sound like a tool.). He is biased, as are you, but most that are tagged as homers go out of their way not to show it. ie) Jay Bilas.

Secondly, once you understand that the media is driven by money your life will be better. USC is the hot team and has a lot of bandwagon fans across the country so they drive ratings. LSU gets props all the time but naturally, and this includes me, we remember the negative things.

ESPN/ABC has a Big 10 contract. Of course they are going to pump up the best team that comes on TV the most...especially since they need it since nobody wants to watch those games. If you listen to these guys on their respective radio shows they say what they really think.

LSU is polarizing because we have more of a regional fanbase and a large area of alums are in Texas, and U of Texas is a bigger force in ratings.

So when they pick teams they will pick us to win but don't expect a behind the scenes story on Mike the Tiger every week unless he is to have Tebow's kid.

8. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Can we please get over the whole "the media hates LSU" issue. There is no bias. People tend to focus on the negative things that are said about them while all the compliments roll off their backs. And it's not just us--you'll even hear similar arguments from USC, Ohio State, and all the other perceived "media darlings". The fact of the matter is that there are probably thousands of people across the country wishing the media would lay off LSU's jock and give Team XYZ more love. We get more than enough exposure. End of rant.

3 people like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree with TB, it's a weak argument. If it wasn't, it seems like USC's only loss in '03, which was a triple OT loss to Cal, at Cal, wouldn't have kept them out of the NC game.

Course, maybe I just don't really like LSU football all that much either.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I gonna break it down for you real quick...

TB3 is a HUGE Bama fan.

And Tiga is a HUGE Trojan fan.

:hihi: