Corso likes LSU in the West

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

He's just being objective. I can respect that.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That was truly embarrassing. I couldn't believe someone came up with the idea, much less someone bought one of the shirts.

Then again, I still don't understand why adults by jersey's and wear them to games.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Make no mistake about it, I didn't start this thread cause I feel what Corso says is totally relevant to what is gonna eventually play out. I just think that some enjoy reading about LSU gettting props on national tv.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Both is these statements simply aren't true. In fact, if you just look at it objectively you can see it doesn't pass the logic test.

The anchors on Sportscenter write their own scripts. The opinions shared on shows like Gameday are the opinions of those individuals. Do you honestly think someone can write that stuff for Holtz? For every person you have on ESPN (think Stuart Scott) that talks about their University you have another (Bilas, Davis) that doesn't.

One thing these guys do rely on, behind the camera, is the research staff at ESPN. At times, they do get the facts wrong.

Corso does play to the audience, but he's doing it just to get a reaction.

TB3 brings up a good point when he talks about subject lines being driven by ratings. It made perfect sense for them to be in Gainesville considering Tebow won the Heisman last year. Add to that, since OU had their game broadcast last year and Stoops decided he didn't want ESPN on campus during their spring game they needed some other school to cover. Michigan would have been a good choice, but Rod (along with stadium work) closed their practice. Next week they are at Mizzou.

FWIW, expect your sports programming networks to really focus on college football spring games the next couple of years. Strangely enough, it's an event they seemingly have just discovered.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Both Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler were AP Poll voters last year, and both put LSU at #1 during the final poll. They both had USC #2 and Georgia #3.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Really? If so, that's just dumb. Not saying their ain't a chance of it happening, but it's a small chance compared to other schools in the East.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

They're basing that on SOS. UGA will have the toughest schedule in the nation and Lee feels that USC can beat UF. UF has a slight question mark on defense.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I wouldn't call it dumb, but I have my doubts as well. They have UT, Arkansas and Georgia at home.

Now, thinking that they'll be able to beat UF is something I don't buy. It's their next to the last game of the season, at Florida.

I suspect they'll have a tough time of stopping the running attack from Ole Miss. Best way to beat USCe, is to keep the ball out of their QB's hand...which is still a ? mark.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I can't wait for that to happen... for Florida's most beloved figure to come to their house and beat them. South Carolina is playing at Florida this year, right? Remember the last time Spurrier's South Carolina went to Gatorville... the game went down to the last seconds. I believe the South Carolina kicker missed the game-winning FG.... oh wait that's right, didn't he not only miss... but actually had it blocked??? I can't remember.... someone please remind me. That game was an awesome ball game!!!

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

It's very possible. Spurrier beat UF his first year coaching at USC and, as you mentioned, USC took UF down to the wire two years ago in Gainesville. USC has a pretty mature squad this year and you can never underestimate Spurrier.