Corso stabs us in the back

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Nov 6, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I was really starting to like Lee, then he puts this answer in his Lee Mail this week, and I am back to questioning his purpose in life, not to mention his football knowledge.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAST SENTENCE!

How do you see this weekend's SEC West matchup between Auburn and Ole Miss?
    Mike, Phoenix, Ari.

The biggest question is whether Mississippi can stop the Auburn running game. The Rebels are near the bottom of the SEC in rushing defense while the Tigers have shown they can run against anyone when they're hot. Throw in quarterback Jason Campbell hitting some play action and Auburn can be dangerous. But Eli Manning and the Ole Miss offense can put up some numbers, too, but this will be the toughest test Mississippi encounters for the remainder of the year.

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Meh -- let Corso say whatever he wants. Makes him look like an idiot when it doesn't come true.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But why on earth would he think Auburn (who WE crushed 31-7) would be their toughest remaining test?

There is obviously a reason people think he's an idiot.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah there's a reason people think he's an idiot. Without question he hasn't done his homework and doesn't realize that Ole Missy has to play LSU ... what a buffoon !

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think he's just trying to hype up the game. I think if it was LSU they were playing this weekend he'd also be saying 'this is the toughest test the Rebels will have all year'

6. LSUxFAN

LSUxFAN Founding Member

(Lee Corso impersonation talking to himself shortly after that)
    "Not so fast my friend! Lets not forget LSU who just last week shut down on of the nations best passing attacks of Louisiana Tech. The team that has already shocked Michigan state. And lets not forget LSU 4! (holds 3 fingers) running backs, all of which has had a game with over a 100 yards rushing this season. Then POW! Matt Mauck hit Micheal Clayton in the flat and the "blue grass mircale maker"Davery Henderson and Skyler green with the Deep balls. And speaking of Skyler Green, if you punt to him at least one time he has a chance to run one back. I see LSU winning this one big my friend."
    (then lee turns away from the mirror with a glazed look in his eyes and says) "I think I just shat myself, nurse!"

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Let them keep talking and we keep playing. Don't talk about, be about it.

8. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Corso is getting old he just forgot about LSU. He knows better.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

It's probably the Rebels hardest test because it's on the road.........who knows?

maybe he is using the same logic most coaches use.........the next game is the most important game.

10. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

what network is this game on....if it is on ESPN, he is just being a company shill...