COSBY STRIKES AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by bayareatiger, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Where is Lottery?
    He should listen to one of his own!

2. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Actually, I haven't posted lately b/c i was in Chicago for the Rainbow Push Conference. I was there when Cosby stated what you're talking about. There is a lot more he said too in reference to white people and the media twisting up his words. I agree 100% with what he said. We have to quit blaming the white guy for everything and help ourselves. That doesn't mean stopping the fight for racial equality, though. That is where you guys get confused with what Cosby says. I should listen to one of my own, Sourdoughman. I'm suppose to agree with every black man. Absolutely not. Btw, did you guys see on tv the kids from the Baton Rouge area who went to the conference. I saw them there.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Lottery is correct. Cosby is known to have an edge where he is anti-white so to speak and the gist of his speech he is referring to how white men are keeping blacks down and they must do something about it themselves to overcome it. It's not broadcast in the press, however. Cosby is supporting the rainbow coalition so this should be a clue.

While what he said he very true its still a double-edged sword.

4. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

The man isn't anti-white. He speaks what is true in society. Like you guys always says he doesn't worry about the PC. He is striking bells in the black community and we need it. I felt privileged to even be in the same room as him and respect all that he has done in the education world as far as funding and enhancement. It was also good to see our Baton Rouge youth getting an opportunity to witness him and others speak and some of those kids even got scholarships from Rainbow push and Cosby.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I guess anti-white is an overstatement but not that far off.

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

My whole purpose for starting this thread was that in order to help yourself, you need to look in the mirror at yourself and your community FIRST.

I wanted to salute Bill Cosby for his rational approach.

The well-fought battle always begins internally before externally.

Find out what it is that you need to do YOURSELF for YOURSELF FIRST before you look for others to blame.

That goes for most EVERYTHING in the life.

It would be a good thing for all races to believe that they have an equal chance in America.

Nowhere in my post did I mention stopping the fight. Bill Cosby has done a great service not only for his own race, but for all other races as well. His comments really speak to all races. I am just tired of Jackson & Sharpton's rhetoric. Cosby's comments about accountability stand out in stark contrast to some of the nonsense out of Jesse's and the Reverend Al's camps.

You gotta clean up your own house before you start complaining about other peoples houses.

I am glad that you represented in Chicago, lottery.
    Your respectful comments about BC says a lot about you.
    Good education is crucial in your efforts for racial equality,
    indeed, in ALL of our efforts for that goal.