Cosmos... A Space Odyssey

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 29, 2014.

1. old school

old school Veteran Member

I had a major letdown in high school when my religion teacher claimed he was going to prove the existence of God on the chalkboard for us. This man drew a flow chart full of arrows and with a straight face and an unwavering commitment proclaimed that his diagram was irrefutable evidence. The majority of the students knew it was just a circuitous argument devoid of reasoning, but we were afraid to say so or even ask questions.
    Getting back to the Cosmos theme a little. In an elementary example, Space must be infinite unless you expect to hit a barrier at the end. And if you hit a barrier or wall something must be on the other side of the wall. People seem to grasp that simple idea of infinity. I think it is hard for people to grasp the idea of no beginning and no end. They get the "no end" part. But it is actually the same basic premise in the opposite direction so to speak. Some people will acquiesce to scientific theories as long as they can say, "But there had to be a beginning and God created or started it all". If asked what was here before a supreme being the answer is usually, "Nothing, God has always existed." For some reason it seems logical to them that a supreme being has always existed, but not anything else.

red55 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You just listen it's audio

3. LaSalleAve

A lot of science fiction and fantasy books (at least the good ones) have characters and stories based on Norse Mythology. From Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings to A Song Of Ice and Fire.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

won't be doing that either. cheers!

5. LaSalleAve

Lol, at least your honest. Get stoned and listen it'll blow your mind.