Cotton Bowl Hotels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by claz, Dec 10, 2010.

1. claz

claz Founding Member

Making travel arrangements. Where will Tiger fans be staying?

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

well if you want to spend loot and want to stay 30 minutes away from the stadium like the team is doing, (with traffic) stay at the W.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I'll be staying at my house. :D I can't speak to where other fans are staying but I might be able to suggest places. What are your priorities? Proximity to the game, cheapest rates, proximity to other actives, or nicest hotel? Are you going to have a car?

First thing I would determine is the general area you want. Keep in mind the game is actually in Arlington since they moved it to Jerry world. Arlington is right between Fort Worth and Dallas. Approx 20-30 min either way and about 15 minutes from DFW. There are basically 4 areas to stay:

Arlington - Close to the game. Limited stuff to do other than the game.
    Dallas - 20 minute drive but more hotel options and activities
    Fort Worth - same comment as Dallas
    By the airport - Usually cheaper rates and convenient if you are flying in. You will have to drive but not as far as FW or Dallas.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

AG town has some good stuff to do. I highly recommend anyone going to Arlington to visit Forever Young Music in Grand Prairie. If you like vinyl and love old school record stores, check it out, they have some great stuff.

Forever Young Records - Vintage Vinyl LP Records, 45s, CDs, DVDs, Reel 2 Reel, 8-Track Tape, Cassette Tapes, New Releases! Memorabilia, Collectibles, RIAA Gold and Platinum Record Awards

You also have a pretty nice mall on 20, Sherlocks is there, 2 strip clubs, some great Mexican joints.

I dig Arlington, but I'm kind of bias, I used to live in the Fairways off of Ave J and 360.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I have to admit I've not really spent much time in Arlington other that sporting events. I just never really thought of it as a destination type area. ie "lets go hang out in Arlington this weekend." I'm sure there are cool places to go though and there will be lots of Tiger fans around.