Cotton Bowl Tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Dec 13, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man did you guys get your tickets yet or see where they are.

Mine are horrible, essentially the worse seats you can get. I am seriously considering watching at home now.
    Section 453 ?
    Really LSU and Cotton Bowl, that is where you put season ticket holders ?

Man I am a bit bitter right now.

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I'm with ya. We are in the same section. We requested 3 so that my daughter could go with us and only got 2. Probably going to just stay home. Given the trouble of having to buy three more and sell my two on top of the crummy seats LSU got from the Cotton Bowl. :mad:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

who's selling and how much you want for em?

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Section 453 is an insult to season ticket holders. Heard that there were over 10k less seats in Cowboys Stadium than the Cotton Bowl. Not sure if it is true. So confusing with all those standing 'Party Passes' etc that Jerry comes up with. Maybe you will be near some of the pole dancers.

5. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Take a look at the map here:

AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic - Interactive Seat Views

The green seats on one side are the SEC team allotment. The green seats on the other side are the Big 12 allotment. The red seats are club seats (not sure if those were given to LSU & A&M), and the gray seats are the ones given to the bowl sponsors, bowl season ticket holders, etc.

LSU gives seats out based on the priority point system. If your points are higher, you get better seats. I have no idea how much you give to LSU on top of season tickets, but if you want better bowl game and away game tickets, you should consider raising that contribution.

6. vesperiaLSU

vesperiaLSU Veteran Member

Cotton Bowl Ticket

Hi Y'all I have a question: does anybody know how and where to pick up the cotton bowl tickets? I've requested two no-seat student tickets and received an email the other day from the LSU athletic office confirming that my order has been "fulfilled in its entirety". However, it didn't mention when and where to pick up the ticket, but only said someone would call. I've yet to receive any phone call so far. Have any of you received your tickets already? Thanks!

7. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

You can find out in less than 5 minutes with one quick call to the ticket office.

Call Toll Free: 1-800-960-8587
    Phone: (225) 578-2184
    Fax: (225) 578-3344
    [email protected]

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I got tics from another source but found out after all these years that despite being in top 25% of TAF (points) for over 10 years if you don't buy season tics you cant get bowl seats.............guess what happens to next years TAF donation???? (BTW, other schools don't necessarly do it that way).

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yup same with me, when I moved to Dallas I gave up my season tickets. Just didnt make sense and with all the friends back home i could always get tickets at Tiger Stadium when needed. At the time I was pretty high up in the TAF food chain both National Championships I was awarded pretty good seats (2 both times). I had to use my brothers season ticket account to get these, he obviously is not to high on the totem pole.
    Hence I will need a Sherpa for these seats.

10. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

I'm curious what other schools allow people who do not have season tickets to buy bowl game tickets ahead of season ticket holders. I would be shocked if you truthfully can name one major program on the same scale of LSU that does this. That means schools like TCU, Baylor, Wake Forest, Tulane, etc do not count.

I am sure that LSU is very appreciative that you contribute to the betterment of LSU athletics through TAF, and so are most fans. There are plenty of fans who have season tickets & don't give a dime over what is required. However, unless you are giving more than $1000 a year to TAF, your contribution is trumped by the contribution of every season ticket holder as that is about the minimum cost of what a pair of tickets go for when tradition fund donations are included.

My recommendation, if post-season tickets are really the only thing you are interested in, would be to get season tickets, resell them, donate the proceeds to TAF, and when those post-season order forms come in, you will have first dibbs at the tickets as both a season ticket holder & high ranking donor.