Could Bush have prevented 911 & Iraq?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by olVENICEdog, Feb 12, 2005.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Really? Wow, I could have sworn that we found several mass graves in Iraq - they happened to include women & children in them... If that matters to you. I suppose the president should have called and asked you whether you felt the Iraqis were in need of a change.

Who put Bush in charge of making sure the world was safe? Well, that happened way back around WWII, when, correct me if I'm wrong, Roosevelt announced that US would be a "world police". That includes saving the lives of millions of Iraqis and giving them the right to choose their leader. Contrary to your ignorance, these people did want a choice - if they didn't want to chose, would they have voted? AND ALSO, NO YOU IDIOT - JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T REVOLT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE IN FAVOR OF THE GOVERNMENT!

You've watched Farenheit 9/11 one to many times. You can substatiate your ignorance with Michael Moore all you want, but that doesn't make you right.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You want to rethink that one before you really get hammered on it?

3. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

i think hes talking about the numbers in the graves not that they didn't exist.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I consider hundreds of men, women & children shot in the head & thrown into a pit, then covered up - a mass grave.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I see.

So let me get this straight...a mass grave with only, say, 500 people in it
    is a whole lot more acceptable than one that has 1000 people?

It's not a question of matter of degrees...a mass grave is a mass grave, no matter how many people are in it.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

The Dems would have fought a smarter, cleaner, and safer war, huh? Way to denigrate the sacrifices being made by our servicemembers over there. Do you think they really want to hear who could've fought this war better? So are you saying that our Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen over there have done a poor job? Why don't you tell that to the Marines who made it to Baghdad in two weeks and tore down the statue of Saddam. Why don't you tell that to the Marines who battled it out in Fallujah. Why don't you tell that to the soldiers who caught Saddam. Why don't you tell that to the 19 year old who didn't live to see 20. I could go on and on and on. The fact of the matter is, these are the men and women who are really fighting this war, not Republicans or Democrats or any other armchair politicians who think they know the first thing about warfare. They are the ones risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan so somebody like you can question their actions. They are the ones who willingly left behind a life, friends, and family to fight a war they knew would be unpopular. And why did they do this? Because they knew that this war wasn't about oil or personal vendettas. It was about stopping the spread of tyranny and terrorism. It was about preventing the chance of another attack on our own soil. It was about preventing a sicko like Saddam Hussein from murdering his own people. As reasonable people, we have a humanitarian duty to look out for our fellow man.

You have no clue if the Dems would've run this war better or not. You can't expect to go into war with a concrete plan and be able to carry that plan out to the T. There are a few things called uncertainty, friction, and the fog of war (MarineTiger and saltyone should know what I'm talking about here). These elements are essential when considering fighting a war. You have to improvise, adapt, and overcome. I don't think anyone could've foreseen the type of insurgency we are seeing in Iraq right now. And it's not Iraqi insurgents we're fighting over there, but rather those who have slipped over the border to fight us. Hell, the mastermind over there is from Jordan. War is hell and it's not supposed to be easy. It's a violent clash of wills with each side imposing its self on the other.

Honestly, I wonder how people with views such as yours can call themselves an American. I think Thomas Paine said it best: "Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it."

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Let's see, Iraq had no mass graves? Babies Found in Iraqi Mass Graves

Horrors of Iraqs Mass Graves
    If you want to talk about the sheer numbers killed by Saddam, from the same site as above quote
    From Amnesty International

8. MFn G I M P

Well following the Persian Gulf War the Iraqi people tried to overthrow Saddam but it was crushed and many people were killed. You really should try looking up some information before you post something as stupid as you just did.

From the Human Rights Watch

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

10. MFn G I M P

Did you know that Clinton was never given the authority to bomb Kosovo by the US Congress? Kosovo War
    I would still like to know why the people of Kosovo deserved to be liberated but the Iraqis didn't. I have no problem that Clinton liberated Kosovo because it gave people freedom they once did not have. However, what you don't hear about is all of the violence that is still ocurring in Kosovo. Apparently the violence was so bad, 5 years after the bombing, that the UN called for an "immediate halt to Kosovo violence