Could Global Warming not be the answer

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, May 1, 2008.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Not sure about Nostradamus my wife likes him alot more then I do. But he did write Qutraines (sp) until 2038 or something like that.

For once I would like to see someone take one of his writings BEFORE the event and say "Hey Look at this"

With the Mayans there calander ENDS in 2012 but it does start over. And in fact the Mayans believed that the world would end with a New Begining.

This is what plays into the Sun, Earth and Black Hole lining up.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

theyve found new writings of his. saw a documentary on it.

cant remember the details. i had to pick myself up out of the chair more than once.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How would this happen without ripping the earth apart? :huh:

Before getting too caught up mistaking Mayan mythology for science, remember that they never even invented the wheel. Just how insightful into astrophysics and global tectonics could they have been?

This is simply the Precession of the Equinox. It in no way changes the axis of the poles. It's a s ... l... o .... o .... o .... w wobble. One wobble takes 25,800 years and is not a dramatic event.

To quote The School of Ageless Wisdom:

This could not happen since the precession does not affect the earths rotation around the fixed 23.5 degree tilted axis from the ecliptic. The precession simply changes the direction that the equatorial plane faces as it proceeds around the orbital plane.

A cycle starts at any moment that someone wants it to. That doesn't give it any special significance. Certainly a precession cycle that started 25,800 years ago from 2012 will end in 2012. And a cycle that started 25,799 years ago will end in 2013. Pick any year and a precession cycle can be measured from that point both forward and backward in time.

Like the Nostradamus "documentaries" many of these TV "Science" shows are more about entertainment than science. They often link far-fetched theories and make invalid conclusions based on sample sizes of one.

Your compass will no longer point to the north. The Boy Scout Handbook will have to be rewritten. :grin:

Some people are confusing the precession of the equinox with "pole reversal". Others are confusing geomagnetic pole reversal with reversal of the polar axis itself.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Doomsayers who equate the end of the Mayan calender in 2012 with the end of the world have never studied Mayan history or culture. The end of an age is not the end of the world.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

It depends on who is translating, I guess.

The part that gets me is that the calendar ends with the death of the first father, and the hero twins exacting revenge. Better then that, they say that the creatures of the dark space (the place where evil is) are the ones that trick the first father and kill him.

Now this could be the show, well being a show but that they point to the dark space being the Black Hole at the center of the Milky Way and that on Dec 21, 2012 the Sun, the Earth and the Black Hole will be aligned.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

I dont know, your suppose to be the TFs resident google.

Look at what the wheel has brought us, High Gas Prices!

Einstein didnt think of everything either.

And how is a calander that used the stars and planets mythology wouldnt that be science?

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I believe Red may have finally lost it...

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Then I say we should tailgate the event!

This thread could be merged with the star trek teaser thread. Just sayin.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, you have to back up your own claims, I'm here to shoot them down. :grin:

Oh the Mayans practiced science, some of it impressive . . . but that doesn't make their mythology into science.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Same goes for Fat Al Gore...

As it turns out, the planet has been COOLING for awhile now and will continue for a decade to come...

Aint that a beeyatch!?

:grin: