Could Global Warming not be the answer

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, May 1, 2008.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I got four nine-year-old girls having a sleep-over. Gonna be a late one for me...

1 person likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

:rofl: Dude :hihi:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Your inability to distinguish between annual fluctuations and a century-long temperature trend is not my problem, amigo. :dis:

Look Bandit, if you want to debate a topic then get serious about it, will ya'. I ain't wasting my time on fantasy notions. In your last post you have invoked politics, fiction, biased media, and now religion as your argument that science is wrong. No science at all. Not a shred. :insane:

Religion my ass.

4. Bandit88

:grin:

5. red55

You can't possibly be this daft. When we are discussing human impact on global warming, what possible relevance does 4.5 billion year old evidence have. human impact on global temperature started when humans first began widespread agriculture and deforestation 10,000 years ago but only kicked into high gear when the industrial revolution began in the early nineteenth century.

Of course, it's all a part of the record. Accurate temeprature records go back for many hundreds of years. Even more accurate evidence from ice cores go back several thousand years.

There may be a flattening of the curve, but certainly not a decrease. If there is a bench on the curve it is coming at a record high temperature!

Experts know and offer supporting evidence that is hard to refute. Do you see anyone jumping on your science is voodoo bandwagon? That's a really lame refutation.

6. red55

True, but that's not what I was arguing. I challenged the statements that the Mayans were more advanced than us and that their calendar was better than ours. You haven't even tried to support these claims and instead you want me to document my response. I'm fully prepared to, but it's your turn, my friend.

How can a society that didn't have the wheel be more advanced than us? How exactly is their calendar "better" than ours and why haven't we adopted it if it is.

7. red55

The fact that there are natural cycles does not invalidate the fact that there is a recognizeable and measurable dramatic increase since the industrial revolution.

I ain't laughing, nor am I burying myhead in the sand. The consensus of the world's climate experts are concerned for very real reasons. The impact is huge, Crip.

The glaciers are all retreating, the ice cap is disappearing, carbon dioxide is clouding the atmosphere, pollution of air and water is reaching alarming proportions, sea level is rising. Please tell me why you think all of this is "laughable".

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I never took sides on whose calendar is better. As for validating my claims, I'll check into it later, but I think it is worth considering that they may have taken a very different path than we have. Obviously, they were very advanced observers of terrestrial and extra-terrestrial cycles. I don't think the wheel is necessarily a benchmark to measure civilizations by.

Western civilization owes a lot to SE Asian culture or we may not have figured out a lot of the things we now take for granted.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

What do we have to basis this on?

There has only been 1 industrial period on the earth, so how do we know that this isnt just a natural occuring event.

There is no proof and by proof I mean a period of time with scientific data that we can say yes they reason things are worse is because of us, because there has never been anything like US before.

There is no control for the data.

For all we know this is the Middle Life Crisis of the Earth.

You say that the reason the way things are is because of us, I say How do we know this wouldnt have happened anyway.

10. Bandit88

Since it's Sunday, I'm going to respect the ecosabath. Gaia bless, Red!

:grin: