Could it be that they were right all along.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pitkin Tiger, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Pitkin Tiger

Pitkin Tiger Founding Member

Could it be Coach Zook is not the man for the Gator job? Being a huge Saints fan, I was excited for Zook when he got the job and wanted him to succeed except for when he had to play LSU. I mainly hated Florida because of Visorboy anyway, so it would not hurt my feelings whomever we play in the SECCG. But after watching the Gators this year, something is definitely out of whack. They didn't lose that many players to the pros to be making this much difference. I not only DIDN'T see the swagger that the Gators usually have, I saw heads down pretty early in this game...like they knew what was coming. Hate to see that for Coach Zook, but he better do something and FAST! His old job seems to be in good hands, but we will know more after playing Visorboy today. I don't know that he could just come back to that old job either. Perhaps he should have pulled a Nancy Reagan when UF came calling and just said NO!

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Gator Job

I don't think anyone would be right for the Gator Job after Spurrier.
    I wonder, as I watch Florida play, why Zook didn't hire an offensive coordinator that was familiar with Spurrier, and keep the same plays and terminology. I see schools like Miami, change coaches and continue to win. It appears that Florida has hired a bargain coach, much like LSU did with Hallman and Dinardo.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

He might not make it to the end of the season..

Geaux Tigers.