Could Les still leave?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerinAustin, Dec 1, 2015.

1. TigerinAustin

TigerinAustin Founding Member

Here's a different kind of thread:

Given the handling of everything by the administration and the many coaching openings that will create a domino effect across the landscape, it's seems highly likely that other programs would still be approaching him in the offseason to gauge interest. For example, I'm even hearing rumors around Austin about Charlie Strong heading to Miami, and Les coming to Texas (wild speculation I'm sure).

So the question is - for which programs would Les be an attractive hire - and could any of those be attractive to him? VT? SC? Nebraska?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Has a pretty lucrative contract with us, which he would lose if he quits.
    Texas has the money to pay him more. Just do not see it happening.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wouldn't rule it out if the price is right and there is longevity. It's unlikely, but not impossible.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am not even sure Miles needs longevity. I have heard he has plans to retire and I am not sure if the way this went down changed those plans. The problem with any school hiring him away at this point is the buyout.

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Funny you brought this up. Look what this guy had to say:
    These 10 Things: The next step for Les Miles after weeks of a debacle

6. bhelmLSU

Perfect example of a writer not thinking it through...Les opting to leave and rendering his buyout to nothing would be exactly what Alleva would want. So why would Les stick it to his self after he already played Alleva like a fiddle.

didit, Rouxleaux and LaSalleAve like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If he wants to retire, at this point would LSU give him piece of the buyout?

8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

So is there a time line for les' retiring or is this more of an "I will retire some day" thing. I guess the question should be more does he plan on trying to get an extension on the contract or just end the contract and ride off into the sunset. Admittedly these questions might not be able to be answered 100%, just looking for the general consensus if you got it. Thanks

9. bhelmLSU

I heard before he was getting plans in place but nothing concrete but then I heard he was going to look for another job had Jimbo been put in place here. So really it is all up in the air right now.

On giving him a piece of the buyout...I assume so but that would likely depend on how things are playing out at the time.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How much is the buyout Les would have to pay if he left on his own? His new employer might be willing to pay it. Arkansas is paying Bielema's Wisconsin buyout.