Could LSU be getting a Grad Treansfer QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, May 8, 2018.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Who’s perple?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This is an interesting take on it all, and may be accurate. It's hard to say. I certainly respect your viewpoint and appreciate that you want success for LSU, despite your expectations of O. I think you are sincere about this, and can't help based on your experience with Oeaux growing up. I get it, but I would share a few takes on this as well:

I think it was forced on him and he (Steve E) felt a loyalty to his alma mater to do what was being asked even if it was temporary. He mentioned he only did it because it was temporary. Remember it wasn’t Oeaux permanent position at that time and him getting the job was contingent on bringing in a big name OC. Joe bought his sales pitch and gave him the job but his ace in the hole went to Florida - I think you are right about this. However, when his ace in the hole failed, Alleva exerted pressure to stick w/a top rated OC and they went for Canada. I don't think that was necessarily a wrong approach, it just didn't work out. We had to settle for Canada. After that failed, he went back to Steve with the promise he could develop his own style. This is Ed Orgeron football which is why most of us expect him to fail (not WANT but expect)-awesome, I can feel your passion as Tiger and share that concern and hope. That’s how a con artist works, he promises steak, but brings in hamburger. Also keep in mind that O hasn’t been consistent in naming the kind of offense he wants - this is the part that I think really depends on your point of view and is a reflection of underlying expectation. You may be right that he's just a con artist and will bring hamburger. Another slant is that he has intimate insight on what Steve E. can do based on the 8 games that he was interim HC and Steve E was OC. He now has experienced his potential and came to realize that flying w/CSE is better than AirCanada. I think he really believes this after his detailed, experienced insight of those 3 months that Steve E can do it. Remember, while Oeaux may have gotten here on a wing and a prayer, he has had the advantage of being an assistant under Jimmy J, Pete C, Sean P and others. He's had to have learned something along the way, and may truly have an understanding now of what works and doesn't work. At least, that is my hope. At the minimum, the coaching chemistry this season should be improved, and at least they are scratching and clawing to try to get better, even if some temperamental HS recruits didn't pan out (CB Surtain, QB Foster). Bringing in a transfer QB may seem like grasping, but it's an upgrade in a modern football world where there are no guarontees. Despite the daunting schedule, they are not throwing in the towel, and in fact, seem to be continuing to strive for improvement.

Just my take. You may end up being right, and I've come to a steak dinner w/burger on the menu, LOL.

Pjoe, lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Baker Mayfield was a transfer and Mett was a transfer worked out pretty good. This Burrow kid looks like the real deal to me. Starter or not great to have him waiting in the wings.

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

@ParadiseiNC The biggest thing about the 3 months interim was that Bama game. He reverted to the same playbook and did not do the things everyone enjoyed when Emsinger took over after the firings. I hope Emsinger does well - he's a Tiger and I know he wants us to succeed. Time will tell

6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

@ParadiseiNC i think that captures what I’m thinking even if it may not come across that way in my post.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Personally, I couldn’t disagree more about the Bama game. First of all, too much emphasis is placed on that game to begin with, not just that season, but yearly. I’d contend that we just need to focus on the big picture, take care of business the entire season, and we’ll be in the thick of things at the end regardless of the outcome of that game. Secondly, Bama is a great team with outstanding athletes and outstanding coaching. Part of what you view as him reverting to the same playbook is frankly discounting Bama’s game planning and talent level. Having said that, clearly Clemson and Ole Miss have moved the ball and scored on Bama, so it is doable. The coaches watch film and balance vulnerabilities of the opponent with strengths of our offense. Hard to say he simply “reverted” vs a strategic plan that simply was not effective against an outstanding opponent. Heck, that was an extremely hard fought, close game, and I was proud of our effort. We did some good things offensively, just couldn’t punch it in. Our offense was certainly better than 2011 NC game! In the end, Bama did what it needed to do to win, something they have done for a decade against many other teams not named LSU, and many other coaches not named Oeaux or Ensminger.

Pjoe, ROY_LA_CA, HalloweenRun and 2 others like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Any news on who's going to transfer?

six pack dan likes this.
  10. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Haven't heard any news yet as to who.