Could this be J Vincents last year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Apr 14, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

After 1000 yards on limited to no action early on JV is primed for a huge year. If he has the kind of year we all expect do you think he may leave early for the NFL? He will be 3 years removed from HS, if that even matters anymore. I hope he doesnt but if he is one of the nations best backs next year he may have the opportunity. Whatcha think?

2. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

I think it's very possible, but I also think we'll be ok if that happens. I'm watching the replay of the SEC championship game right now for the first time and JV looks unreal.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Me too, thats what got me thinking this

4. BB

BB Founding Member

If he were to leave it would likely follow an exceptional season - I would trade his 2 more years of eligibility for an exceptional season because I think success on the ground will be key for our overall success next year.

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I don't think he would leave unless he had Saban's blessing. These kids put a lot of faith in what Saban says, so if he tells JV that he won't go until the later rounds then he will probably stay.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

If he should decide to leave we have some capable running backs in Ally Broussard and Barrington Edwards that will be able to step up, and who knows we might just have another true freshman step up like Vincent.

7. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I think he's the type of guy that will at least stay til he's a junior.

8. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

he will stay till he is a junior. i'm friends with him from high school and he has told me a few times he will stay till his junior year. his mom won't let him leave before then anyways. i wouldn't be surprised if he stayed all 4 years because of her always on his case.

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

That's great to know 777. Mama knows best!!!!

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That is some great insight. If he stays after having a fabulous year and would be a top 10 projection in the draft than that would be some decision, he would have to love his Momma a whole lot. I know I would be gone in a heartbeat if I was going to get top 10 money!!!