Could this explain the existence of the Miles' loyalists?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBSJD, Jan 5, 2013.

1. LSUBSJD

LSUBSJD Banned Forever

For those of you who don't know, Nicolas Chauvin was a soldier in La Grande Armee who was known for his extreme loyalty to Napoleon. Eventually, his last name became an eponym ("chauvinism"), a word signifying extreme loyalty to a person, a nation, a cause, an organization, etc. Ironically, Chauvin is a common name in Louisiana, and there's even a town, in Louisiana, named Chauvin.

After the embarrassing losses to Bama (especially on 01-09-12 and again on 11-03-12) and the embarrassing loss to Clemson on 12-31-12, only chauvinism can explain the stubborn loyalty to a clone of Bo Schembechler who refuses to learn from his mistakes, who micro-manages the offense, who habitually mismanages the clock during games, who is too much of a players' coach and not enough of a disciplinarian, who uses Orwellian doublespeak to confuse the fans and the media, who is a shakedown artist who hits-up LSU for contract concessions whenever he gets the chance to feign interest in a coaching vacancy at another school, etc.

LSUTyga73, Richdog and Eliminator55 like this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Wow. You are really hung up on this.

How about pick your coach to replace Miles and lets debate.

Perple likes this.
  3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

We should have hired Saban when we got the chance....oh wait...

4. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

I've been searching for an answer. What I read in your post wasn't the type of content that I expected when clicking the link. Interesting tidbits.

5. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

Les Miles stands as the ultimate proof that love truly is blind. And in the case of the Les Miles "chauvinists", I'm unsure of any method to strip them of their impregnable blinders. It'd be a major advance if we could get only a small slit in their blinders. That would allow a smidgeon of light to shine through. God knows that they need the light. They badly need the light and the reality that ensues.

All in fun. If I offended anyone in anyway with these comments, please accept my apologies.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Kelly from Oregon

shane0911 likes this.
  7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

No.

Perple likes this.
  8. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

That's the key. Who would be better? There are lots of things I like about Miles, and he does win a lot of games. However, his terrible in-game coaching kills me on a weekly basis, and I find myself yelling "get this idiot out of here!".
    After calming down, I tell myself, "be careful what you wish for". There are a lot of bad coaches out there. He is what he is, and we're stuck with him.

Now, if the Tigers should throw in a few 7-5 seasons....all bets are off. (that could start next year)

mancha likes this.
  9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

have you seen LSU's recruiting class? were bringing in some serious monsters. why do you think 7-5 will happen next year? we'll have a reloading & a learning year on defense, but I don't see 7-5 in the cards at all.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Viable - a : capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately <viable alternatives>