Could this explain the existence of the Miles' loyalists?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBSJD, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

how's auburn doing..top 10?

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Don't know, but in every service I check I see A&M, Alabama, Florida, Georgia...................all the teams LSU will play next year. So if we all bring in somewhat equal
    classes, then what???

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

what's our record against these teams over the past few years?

TCU ranked 48 in recruiting..that's gotta hurt;)

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

TCU always ranks like that for now..............but then if I EVER had to bet on a coach that can coach up a player it is GP............in fact, they may not win today,
    but one that got overlooked by everyone will be starting for the Bengals today at QB. Then again there is that "other guy" that ONLY Baylor wanted, LT. Yep recruiting rankings matter a whole lot...........why don't we talk about the complete recruiting busts.............do they show up more at LSU or TCU???? BTW, our records against teams don't mean crap when we play them again, that's the way the coaches and players approach it..............ONLY fans think it is an issue.;)

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Don't make me laugh. Only Spurrier has what it takes. He is 67 and will retire at USC. He is NOT viable
    Pelini is a joke a Nebraska the defensive genius gave up 70 points in the Big 10 championship game to a Wisconson team that was thrashed in the Rose Bowl
    Tubbs is finding his level of excellance unsuccessful in the SEC (fired at Auburn) he went to the Big 12 was unsuccessful there and ran to Cinncinati a CUSA pretender in the Big Least.
    oh yes and whoever mentioned Kelly...he will be in the pros next year on step ahead of Oregon being placed on major probation for Willie Lyles.

Try again Sport Oh wait maybe we can get Layne Kifin after USCw drops his ass next year.

Robidoux87 and StaceyO like this.
  6. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

I hope you are right. I'm not that much on who is coming in. I just know the monsters we are losing going into next year.

I am a CLM fan 90% of the time. He's a good recruiter, teacher, and he's very entertaining. I continue to hold out hope that his in-game decision making will get better, but i'm starting to believe that ship has sailed. What we have is what we have to live with.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

when in the FUCK did i sit here and tell you what I thought viable meant????
    I know what it means now because the smartest person on earth (you) googled the definition and copied and pasted the meaning.
    you want to start a name calling thread?

8. Funtimejohnny

Funtimejohnny Freshman

Coach Kelly comes down for a couple of seasons, then heads to the NFL and fails miserably. He elects to take the Auburn job. I remember the dark years of the early 90s, I think we should have a losing season before even thinking about a change.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Historically, we're always competing for recruits with these same teams. There is a misconception that LSU is heads and shoulders more talented than any other team in the country. This is simply untrue. Year in and year out, the programs you mentioned, along with other prominent programs in other conferences, bring in elite athletes, as well.

We are doing well and should continue to do so, though I would also like a MUCH better offense. This year? We were not nearly as talented as many other teams after so many of our starters were injured, dismissed, suspended, etc.

The injury bug, alone, had our name and number this year. The good news about that is we should be much luckier in that regard in the next couple of years, as the injury bug seems to bit hard some years and be easier other years.

ParadiseiNC and gyver like this.
  10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Leslie's problem is quite simple. He is not a gameday coach. He is a great motivator, recruiter, manager, etc. If he would just do those things and let his OC and DC do what they are hired to do, LSU would struggle to lose a single game.

shane0911, red55, BRETT and 1 other person like this.