Could this explain the existence of the Miles' loyalists?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBSJD, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I can live with that analysis.

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

We need a better quarterback!!!! Period!!!! or at least a Quarterback who can Pass & run just a little. Against Clemson that second down roll out pass is one 90% of the college quarterbacks & most of the high schoolers can complete every darn day! we have suffered thru some of the worst passing quarterbacks I have ever seen at LSU in the last 5 years. We could be Alabama if we just had a guy who can play!!! The same guy for 12 games next year is gonna kill me I fear. Oh, and that turn the game over to the Defense plan aint working ether!!

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Right! ZM aint big time... He might light up some JUCO kids, but the SEC is proven too big for him.

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Yes, LSU made Saban and Miles and yes, there are other coaches out there who can duplicate the success- perhaps take it up a notch. The question is, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya punk? Roll the dice and make the wrong choice and the program can be set back for 20 years (refer to the late 20th century). The devil I know can be exasperating at times but the level of success has been unparalleled at LSU. It's the devil I don't know that worries me.

StaceyO and 4EvrLSU like this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

So Mett is the reason LSU lost to Bama? Hmm. While Mett hasnt been All American, when actually given the opportunity and time he has done pretty well. He is a capable guy.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Napoleon's equals were Alexander the Great and Ceasar. That's it. Only Alexander and Ceasar equaled the number of battles and campaigns that Nappy won. Only Alex and Ceasar remained at the top of their game for as many years as Napoleon.

Both Napoleon and CLM are worthy of extreme loyalty. Both should also be subject to criticism, because both have made mistakes that cost them battles and campaigns.

During Napoleon's last campaign, he placed a great deal of trust in key subordinates who failed to assess and execute, and so greatly contributed to a loss. Nappy made some mistakes of his own.

Similarly, CLM has made mistakes of his own AND has been let down by some subordinates.

CLM is going nowhere. He will be the LSU coach for another 7 years at least.

An injury-free O-Line would have helped the offense a great deal this year.

Mett is not as talented as I thought he would be.

CLM needs to be more pro-active. He seems too stubborn at times, too. CLM coached and played on Offense before becoming a head coach. I'm surprised that he does not seem to be an expert on how to design and construct an outstanding Offense. I know that he's not a D coach. Never has been and never will be. But, it is quite evident that he's not an outstanding coach for Offense -- he's certainly no guru at Offense, and, I doubt that anyone would argue the point.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Here:

so i guess we shut down football after Miles leaves because there is no one else in the world that is a VIABLE replacement? Richdog - 2012

8. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

kirby smart.Jeff Tedford,,dana holgerson,, . Bryan Harsin

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Kirby could work, though at that point I'd offer Chavis

Dana? Are you shitting me? Stand up job at WVU.......

What has Jeff done at Cal that makes him qualified for current LSU?

10. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

Mark Whipple,