Couple facts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Jan 9, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And where would you put him, so he would make the NFL? He damn sure would never make it as a quarterback. The only play he is effective in is the jet sweep, he hasn't picked up on the receiver thing, which is a shame because that is the only position that would vault him into a draft pick. As a slot receiver. He isn't afraid of contact, which is a good thing at that position, he just needs to continue to work at the position he is currently in if he has any aspirations of the NFL. Maybe a kick or punt returner, because every team is looking for that next Devin Hester.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

He knew going in that he would never make it as a QB in the NFL. His best shot is a slot receiver but he needs to work on route running and making tough catches. I wanna see him at wildcat QB every once in a while now...NFL scouts are taking note of who has those capabilities.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

That isn't Miles' fault, bro. If it's a coaches, blame it on Crowton. But Shep knows he'll only make it to the NFL as a WR, and he'll only do that if he learns to catch and block...neither of which he's very good at. Watch some games. If he wasn't Shep, he wouldn't be a starting WR.

I love Shep, (nh), but he ain't an SEC WR right now. He needs work. I think he will be, but he isn't right now.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Why hasn't this pickle puffer been given the boot yet?

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Sensation said on another thread that somebody hit his ejection seat button. He's outta here. :LSU231:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

'Bout time. It wouldn't be so bad if he'd engage his detractors but he's stricly a hit and run troll. By the time Florida beats us again he'll be much older and more mature.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

In the least he'll have doubled his age.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

and quite possibly his IQ

nahh thats a reach

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

You are joking, right? First of all, the kid is a sophomore and all things considered, put together a decent season. Unless you are displeased with him tying for the 2nd most receptions despite never playing the position before. (Imagine that, our #3 WR finished third in yards and tied for second in receptions ... unheard of.)

Second of all, there is always a place in the NFL for great athletes. Last I checked, Shepard is still a great athlete.

Did Devin Hester have a good college career? I'll answer that for you ... no.

If you can play, the NFL will find a place. But that's the last thing on Shepard's mind, I'm guessing. He came to LSU because he loved the school and the coach, and I doubt that has changed. His perceived "struggles" have nothing to do with who the head coach is, and everything to do with him being the #3 WR in a run-based offense.

Yeah, we'd all love to see him get more touches. But guess what ... he's a sophomore! He gets two more years of eligibility.