Couple of responses...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TundraTiger, Nov 30, 2003.

1. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

I'm an LSU graduate and have been a sports columnist in a number of SEC areas _ Baton Rouge, Jackson, Ms., Jacksonville, Fla. and now Knoxville. So I appreciate the fervor for SEC football. But as a 10-year voter in the AP poll, I don't favorites. I moved LSU ahead of Southern Cal this week based on LSU's impressive victory over Arkansas. LSU has played a slightly tougher schedule. Its best victory is against Georgia; USC's best victory is against Washington State. That's a slight edge to LSU. I go right down the two schedules like that in determining which team should be second and which one third. If LSU beats Georgia again in the SEC game, it certainly should be ranked No. 2 in the polls, but I doubt it will be. Some voters are too reluctant to change their thinking from one week to the next. I'm just the opposite. I reshuffle the cards every week and pick my top 25.
    John
    -----Original Message

This is what John Adams of Knoxville sent me back. Keep campaigning!!!

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

As a resident of Maryville, TN (just south of Knoxville), I can verify that John Adams does vote just as he said. I just hope more journalists think that way.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This is the kind of guy that the AP poll needs to get more of. He's willing to take an open look at what the teams did and then he gives his honest evaluation.

4. TundraTiger

TundraTiger Founding Member

My uncle aunt and cousins live in Townsend. When I retire I'm going to move to the area.

5. Soap

Soap Founding Member

John Adams is my God father.

I wrote him this e-mail yesterday:

Here is his response:

He's a good level headed guy that makes a objective decision. Too bad alot of writers aren't like that.