Cowboy$/ Razorback$

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

If Arkansas offered Les Miles 25 1/2mil to coach a broken razor back team what would they offer Nick Saban? We all know how much Nick Saban likes to run for the money what would be the chances Nick Saban would leave Alabama for Arkansas? Does Saban and his wife really like it in gumpville? What about the Dallas Cowboys offering Les Miles the head coaching job in the future? Jerry Jones being an Arky alum seems high on Miles.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I said it when he signed at Bama. He is a perfect fit and will retire there. May as well get used to him. He would hate retirement. It's going to be awhile.

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Saban does like a project. He not only likes big dollars he likes to rebuild teams. Would he chose another SEC team to rebuild or would it be someone like West Virginia?

Jerry does seem to love Les. But would he love Les as a coach for the Cowboys? I think he may have learned his lesson with Wade Phillips. That doesn't however rule out that he would like to see Les at R-kansas.

I don't believe Les has the chest, or the want to rebuild a SEC team. He can't even just come out and ask for a raise, he has to use another job opportunity to do it.

4. tirk

Saban likes control, money and attention. Bama offers it in spades and he controls that davidian compound like no other. He's going with les. Nowhere.

BayouBengal014 likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Miles was an assistnt coach with Dallas before. Apparently he and Jerry have a great relationship, and offered Miles his private jet when there was a death in Miles immediate family years back.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

The one Rumor about saban that intriques me is the one that Texas is ready to throw the bank at Saban, if this is true I would be curious to see the outcome.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bama would match anything Texass would offer.

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

It would be interesting to see if Saban could deal with the big time Texas boosters. They seem have more input than what I hear at other schools and have more of a celebrity status. But obviously, I am not on the front lines of any of those discussions.

9. tirk

Yup. He will retire at the gumpdump.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Or buried on the field after coronary. Couple seasons out of contention and he will get happy feet, no doubt.