Cox sports

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purpleloungefly, Aug 20, 2003.

1. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

Not too bad, it's about 3 hours. I'm trying to make that game as well. Got to make them all when they're anywhere close. Looking forward to next year when we put the hurt on the Dawgs in Athens.

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

The cable system in the southern part of Lafourche parrish does suck. I grew up in north Lafourche and had friends that lived further south.

I think Cox Sports is getting to a point where they'll be picked up by more cable systems and satellite services. They should probably aim for a kind of status comparable to the Sunshine Network in Florida.

The Sunshine Network carries FSU and Florida games on Sundays and shows Florida high school games among other things. The channel was picked up by DirecTV in the South.

I think Cox Sports will grow into more and more programming, but right now it's tough to get a large viewing area because they're running ESPNnews most of the day.

Maybe Cox Sports should start broadcasting high school football games in Louisiana and Mississippi.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sure they do. Big ole color TVs. They just don't have electricity.

Bubba from Little Rock: Did ya hear about the big blackout in New York City?

Elrod from Russellville: What's a blackout?