CP3 in a Lakers Uniform?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 23, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

their game was so much better than everyone else's though in the league at that time. It's almost impossible to win in the NBA unless you have the people around you, ask Kobe.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

exactly!

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Don't give me that. The Association doesn't have competitors in any more.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Cowherd is saying he thinks CP3 to Knicks.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Its disappointing, but hard to fault the guy. From the outside, its sure hard to figure out exactly what the Hornets are doing to get better. They look a lot to me like the Saints did when Finks stepped down and Miller/Kuharich were running the front office. No pro-active moves to get better, they just tread water. If a deal is done, hopefully they will be smart enough to at least send him out of the Western Conference. CBSSports.com speculates that Orlando might be willing to give up Brandon Bass, Vince Carter and others, plus draft picks, in trade for cp3.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This is true, and ESPN was nice enough to go get comments from all 3 of those guys, all saying they would never have wanted to play with the others; they were trying to figure out ways to beat them, not join them.

In LBJ's defense, Magic/Bird/Jordan all had at least one future Hall-of-Famer, along with a solid supporting cast, backing them up. And the Celtics set the stage for a new approach with the Garnett/Allen/Pierce triumvirate.

I will say this: if the Lakers beat the Heat in the finals next year without significantly altering their roster, Kobe is elevated to near-MJ status in my book.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

And this is my criticism of LeBron. He took the easy way out. He didn't want to or doesn't have it in him to be "The Man". The pieces to the puzzle may not have been strong enough in Cleveland to give him the opportunity to win championships, and I get that, but had he decided to go to Chicago, which made plenty of moves to make their situation attractive to him, he would have been "The Man" and had the supporting cast to make serious runs at championships. Instead he decided to play the #2 spot to D Wade and let D Wade be "The Man".

He may very well get his championships and he may very well get the recognition and endorsements that go with it, but he will not be "The Man". The next Michael Jordan he is not, the King he is not, and now I don't think he will give himself the opportunity to have the legacy of being one of the best players ever. His best hope is that he is the next Scottie Pippen. If that is all he wants out of his career then so be it, go ahead an settle, but what a disappointment compared to what he could be. Which is just more support that one of his biggest problems is that he really doesn't have the killer instinct to be a killer closer like Jordan and Kobe. TMHO

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

When was the last time 1 superstar won a championship without quality around him?

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Its really eye opening that you said this because you are totally right, the NBA set this level of nonsense, because they had there hand prints all over the Celtics trio and how it came about, I wont post the back story, but the Timberwolves got nothing for Garnett and the NBA pushed the trade to bring Boston back as one its big market teams.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

New Orleans Hornets add GM Dell Demps as Chris Paul ponders future - ESPN