CP3 in a Lakers Uniform?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 23, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Then great, as long as it is with Dirk and Caron Butler in Dallas.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

True, but don't NBA rules regarding trades require that the contracts that are moved must be of similar values? You can't unload salary on another team. What you can do is trade for players that give you better value for your money. I can't imagine improving the team by getting rid of CP3. Now Peja? Julian Wright? Unload....

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, I'm still approaching the problem from the point of improving the team around him. I still believe he wants to stay in NOLA, if it's on a team that's dedicated to winning. Trading him is the last option.

4. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Send him to the Knicks and bring Carmelo with him! Between the Heat, Magic, Celtics, and that dream Knicks team, the East would be quite competitive.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This is true, they have to be of similar value.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

edit: wrong thread

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Just my two cents...

The Hornets have an asset in the last two years of Chris Paul's contract and they need to trade him now while they still have that asset.

If they don't trade Paul, he'll probably just bitch and moan about being unhappy and lay down on his a$$ because he has to play for the Hornets...just like Baron Davis did.
    He'll start having injuries that cause him to miss games (and prolong his career) like Baron Davis.

We got several good years out of this guy and now Lebron and his quitter attitude have gotten to Paul. He won't be worth a chit to the hornets so trade him....and trade him immediately before the season starts.

Personally, I hope they trade him to the Clippers just to piss off his agent who is taking the role of a general manager and forcing a trade.

Screw Chris Paul...he's a freaking manchild getting paid millions to play a kid's game and he has the nerve to want outta New Orleans because he has a new found attitude? He's ruined now and is basically worthless to the Hornets as well as the city.

Adios Chris....hope you like playing for the Clippers for the next two years.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Amen! This is just Paul showing his true colors. Remember back at Wake when he punched that guy in the d!ck. I don't think we lose much going from CP3 to DC.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I disagree. Willie Roaf was easily the identity of the Saints Franchise. He was on the ticket stubs, wallpapers, TV graphics, billboards, etc. because he was the only player on the team for that many years worth talking about. He was arguably the best at his position in his sport, just like Paul. He was stuck on a team that was not committed to winning, due mostly to poor decision-making starting at the top of the franchise. The two comparisons couldn't np[ossibly be more perfect. The biggest difference between them would be the shape of the ball particular to their sport.

I'd like to see them attempt to "win him back" next season and if not, trade him.

That's fantastic, but the enbtire point of CP3 wanting to leave is to step in with a team with a superstar in place to win a title. That's not Dallas if they trade Dirk or NY if they trade Carmello.

I think that the best the Hornets can hope for (if they must ship CP3 somewhere) are multiple first round picks and a starter in the frontcourt somewhere but only if done this year. Otherwise few teams will want to open up their draft choices for a guy who is about to hit the open market anyway. That would free up the Hornets to chase a big name themselves and leave them flush with first round picks for a couple years. I have a lot of confidence in Collinston. I mean he's no CP3, but outside of the Celtics and Jazz no one has a player at PG of that caliber. DC is more than capable and better than most teams have at the spot.

10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

ESPN says Paul wants to go to the Magic, although I don't know how that will work with Jameer Nelson already there. I'm not sure what the incentive is for the Magic since Nelson is already a really good player.