Cracking Down on Illegal Aliens

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by marcmc99, Jul 13, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

my ass!!!!!

They ran one of those Dateline type stings in Jackson this weekend to catch guys using chatrooms to arrange meetings with under age girls. One of the guys they arrested was an illegal alien from Mexico City. What did they do to him? Released him on $50,000 bond today.

Link

Link

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I would think you'd be more bent out of shape about a freaking child molester going free.

Nevertheless, you make a great point. Where's he going to when he's out on bond, and wherever that is, doesn't it constitute another crime?

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Very bent out of shape about it....unfortunately, I more or less already knew this would occur for at least 10 of them, since this sort of thing happens every day. I thought maybe they might set a much higher bond for the guy from Florida, since he is from out of state. Wrong on that though, 75K vs. 50K....big deal. I made the naive assumption an illegal the judicial system has no way of tracking would be given over to the immigration folks for immediate deportation. I guess all the talk a few weeks back was just more smoke being blown our way from Washington.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the thing is Washignton isn't looking out for us, they're looking out for their best interests. representation is dead.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is a major problem. The elected officials are putting their political parties ahead of representing their constituents and the welfare of the United States.

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Yes, they are but why? take out the part I put in bold and replace with Bank accounts and you'll have the bottom line, pardon the pun. It is nothing more than a means to an end. I call it the raping of democracy.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Perhaps this is why I rarely vote for an incumbent unless he has really demonstrated that he is an asset to the country and its citizens. If an politician is not actively working for the overall good of America and the people, then I usually suspect him of being a political party hack or completely owned by corporate interests, lobbyists, and other bribers.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

It is the worst part about the marriage of capitalism and democracy.

Ideology is great, but when folks let $$$ get in the way of their visions and constituents,
    then the system really goes down. :dis: