Craig fired!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geaux9, Feb 2, 2017.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Just pulling your chain a little...back before we were 0-6 the sky was falling in gumpville

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He didn't seem over his head when he was coaching Kenneth Dixon at Tech. I have heard from folks around the staff that the issue with Juluke isn't coaching or recruiting, but rather some personal family issues. His being assigned somewhere else is more Steve Kragthorpe and less Brick Haley. Perhaps Orgeron just likes him?

Craig now is supposedly kicking rocks because he and Orgeron simply don't mesh, much like Peveto. Once the recruitng class was in the barn, he was let go. Perhaps is Orgeronm had the same foresight with Peveto, Buggs would be enrolled at BR and not Tuscaloosa.
    Glenn has all but admitted to me his writing is designed to prompt a response from people. He's less Pete Finney and more Howard Stern. Love him or hate him, he doesn't care as long as you're reading him.

3. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Yes, this is "Big Boy/LSU/SEC" football.

Shite or get off the pot.

Both Craig and Juluke were in way over their heads at this level.

They were decent 1 on 1 recruiters, but severely lacking in the technical coaching and player development areas. (Kind of important in the SEC, huh?)

And, Craig certainly didn't have the organizational abilities to be the Recruiting "Coordinator."

All goes back to Miles and his lack of judgement. Just hire "Great Recruiters" and let the athletes pretty much coach themselves; rarely reaching their full potential..........................

TwistedTiger likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

That sounds like anecdotal evidence so that's not good enough.

5. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

That's all they got over there in Gump Central!

They're mostly ignorant, uneducated "Necks" that have latched on to that football program and are holding on for dear life, because that's it for them. That football team defines their life and there is nothing else.

Of course, we're not immune over here.

There's the LSU/Louisiana version of a Gump, that I call "Lumps." They display the exact same "No life outside of supporting LSU Football/Sports" modus operandi and are just as sad and pathetic.

The "Lumpers" just seem to be a little bit less a % of the fan base and maybe not quite as pitiful as the classic "Gumpers" though................................

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I know the plan was never to fire Juluke and part of that was because of his wife's battle with cancer and insurance coverage. However, we weren't going to fire him even if she was healthy because he is valuable in recruiting especially in the N.O. area and a nice option for the shawdow staff. Juluke and O had many conversations about the coaching aspect and Juluke knew he wasn't ready for the position he had. It wasn't a secret across the staff.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm hearing that La Tech position coach Mickey Joseph may be asked to take Juluke or Craig's position.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Heard that as well...I believe as WR coach but not sure.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Only to laugh at Tulane grads