Craig Loston, Freak Johnson go undrafted

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 10, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Cough, Randall Gay... Not drafted but damn shoulda been.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

There was a ton of talent left undrafted this year. Only so many picks and this was arguably the deepest draft in the NFL since they went to seven rounds. Nine LSU players were drafted which is more than any other team I think. They can't all get drafted.

It does bother me that Al Woods was drafted, but not Freak Johnson. You cant tell me that Freak was outplayed by Al Woods.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

and not a single name on this list surprises me. When are these kids going to learn to give it another year, grow, learn, better themselves? Probably never huh? So sad.

Tiger in NC and LSUDad like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree, that's a pretty crazy list and about 75 % of those I would have guessed to being drafted.

I think it was Mel Kiper who said that this year's draft was so deep that he had about a round and a half of what he considered would have been drafted players in any other year.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Back to Anthony Johnson. Remember this?

[​IMG]

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I dont see weed on that list.

7. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I see "undrafted" and "drafted but out of the league in < 2 years."

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I hope Freak turns things around. However I cant say that I feel sorry for him. He knew he was not going to be a high draft pick yet still left. He never came close to living up to the hype. He has the talent but not the effort. Then on top of all that he goes fail a drug test.

I do not get why so many kids leave early when they are not a guaranteed first rounder. Unless of course they have many obligations and are going to picked in the first three rounds. Now I get a RB leaving because of the toll it takes on their body. Unfortunately their position is severely devalued in the NFL. I also do not blame Landry for leaving. He has uncertainty at QB, plus he really cant improve his stock. I do feel he may have been a first rounder next year since the WR class probably wont be nearly as deep.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Surprised that Ego went so high compared to Freak not getting drafted. Thought they were at about the same level but the failed test could have made a big difference.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Ego made plays this year, AJ didn't. Plus Ego can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3, this also helps. The failed test also hurt him. But even without the test, he was to be picked lower.