Craig Loston Status?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StreetDiction, Jan 11, 2010.

1. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

I haven't heard much about him this year. I'm guessing he was injured since I never saw him on the field, but who knows with Les and his freshman hater ways. I'm assuming he'll fill in for Chad Jones, but does anyone else know what is up with him?

2. Dmarzio

Dmarzio Founding Member

He had surgery to repair some bones in his wrist, and he took a redshirt this season. I think he should be 100% for spring practice, but I could be wrong. I think the fact that we have heard nothing means that everything (in regard to the surgery) went as expected. He should easily find some playing time in Chavis' defense next season, so look forward to that!

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

CL like all the new guys have to go through the CLM grinder of earning PT!!!

I think he should be a monster but only time will tell!

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Most coaches prefer to redshirt top players whenever they can. Miles is no different.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

just like that patrick peterson fellow.....

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Most freshman are being done a favor by being redshirted because damn few are ready for the big time right out of high school. They get bigger, they mature, they get a year in the weight room, and they get a year with the play book before they start using up eligibility. It gives them another year of scholarship money to get a degree with and many of them need it.

Having room for a lot of true freshmen to step in and play means that a team's depth is not what it should be.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Dead on. If only more freshmen knew it.

8. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

good point with Peterson. Too bad Eugene never lived up to his recruitment hype. Maybe Chavis can mold him into a star. He has been decent, but not the shutdown type corner we usually have when we win the SEC. I read a promising article where Miles said he is excited about Josh Downs, Sam Montgomery, and Lavar Edwards on the D line. Good to hear, I saw Downs a few times, but I wonder if Sam caught the redshirt.

Randle should have plenty of balls thrown his way next year, and of course we are ready to see more of Shep and see what Loston can do.

Is Loston a free safety or strong safety?

9. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I agree with this and believe that freshman PT will start to diminish at Alabama in the next couple of years. There are always exceptions -- Patrick Peterson, Julio, Trent Richardson.

If Loston has "it", he'll get to use it.

:geaux:

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Loston did not redshirt this year.

He played on Special teams in the 1st game and therefore lost his redshirt. He will be ready to go next year and wrist should be fully healthy.

He will apply for a medical hardship waiver when his eligibility runs out if he does not head to the NFL draft early.

FYI, Miles played more True Freshman than Bama and Florida and I believe Ole Miss as well. :yelwink2: