Craig Steltz

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jan 30, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

A friend of mine made an interesting point last night. He told me that Saban played Craig Steltz for ONE PLAY in the Capital One Bowl. This forces Steltz to lose his redshirt and an entire year of eligibility. My friend says nobody noticed - I sure didn't. If true, what a seriously prick move by Saban...

2. mjctiger

mjctiger Freshman

why would ns do that?that's crazy i hope that's not true

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Doesn't surprise me one bit. We had Steltz out there for one play. We had Flynn in at QB for the first time all season.

Hell, Saban's game day decision-making was just great on that day, wasn't it?

Sheezum.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He's not on this list as far as I can tell

Participation Report (Final)
    2004 LSU Football
    #11 LSU vs #12 Iowa (Jan 1, 2005 at Orlando, Fla.)

LSU: 3-Craig Davis, 4-JaMarcus Russel, 5-Skyler Green, 7-Ali Highsmith, 8-Ronnie Prude, 9-Early Doucet, 10-Joseph Addai,
    12-Marcus Randall, 13-Corey Webster, 15-Matt Flynn, 18-Jacob Hester, 21-Chevis Jackson, 22-Alley Broussard, 23-Xavier Carter,
    24-Keron Gordon, 25-Justin Vincent, 28-Greg Hercules, 29-Travis Daniels, 30-LaRon Landry, 31-Jessie Daniels, 33-Jonathan Zenon,
    38-Gino Giambelluc, 41-Chris Jackson, 43-Joe Lawrence, 44-Kevin Steltz, 46-Cameron Vaughn, 49-Kirston Pittman, 51-E.J. Kuale,
    54-Brian West, 56-Kenneth Hollis, 58-Lionel Turner, 59-Doug Planchard, 61-Josh Dicharry, 64-Rudy Niswanger, 68-Terrell McGill,
    70-Gant Petty, 71-Nate Livings, 72-Glen Dorsey, 73-Will Arnold, 76-Andrew Whitwort, 80-Dwayne Bowe, 81-Mit Cole, 82-David Jones,
    83-Kory Hebert, 84-Marcus Spears, 89-Keith Zinger, 90-Melvin Oliver, 95-Kyle Williams, 98-Claude Wroten.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Maybe because he doesn't care. I'm slowly starting to believe that Nick Saban is not the classy man of integrity that I thought he was.

Saban used up all of the in home recruiting visits before the end of November while privately eyeing NFL opportunities.

Saban waited until Christmas Day to announce his departure. I fooled myself into thinking that he was genuinely torn and doing some soul searching. Now, there is no question in my mind that Saban waited until Christmas Day so that Skip would be forced to allow him to coach the bowl game. Therefore, LSU had to write Saban a $75,000 check. IMO, we got robbed on that exchange because the only coaching going on in the Capital One Bowl was on the Iowa sidelines.

Nick Saban is the greatest coach to ever walk the sidelines in Baton Rouge, but the man just might not be the class act I always thought he was...

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I didn't see his name on that participation list either, but my buddy insists that it's true without a doubt. Not sure how to confirm this unless someone knows Craig or can ask someone who knows for sure. That's why I put it out there...

7. mjctiger

mjctiger Freshman

NS might not be the classiest coach,but to take the RS off for no reason goes beyond class.That would mean he's a downright A$$.That guy must have mistaken him for his brother.

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Joe Lawrence was on that list though? I dont remember seeing him out there....

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

Actually, Flynn got his first TD pass to Xavier Carter earlier in the season against Mississippi State.

10. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Maybe it was the other steltz he saw