Craig Steltz

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jan 30, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Here's a quick fix.. I'm sure someone out there has the game on tape. Someone watch it again and report back. I have it and I would, but, I don't want to ruin my day.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

According to www.lsusports.net Craig Steltz (15) played in 3 games. Miss State, Florida and Arkansas. The way I read it he had one assist in Arkansas and no solo tackles.

Nick Saban did not sabatoge CS in the final game. If he had a shirt it went away earlier in the season.

3. BeBeaux

BeBeaux Freshman

Steltz lost his redshirt prior to the Capital One Bowl. He was in on kickoffs ~15 times during the year. However, this was a definitely a pont of contention b/w him and Saban during the year.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Either way, I've never heard of anyone being forced to shed a redshirt. Most young men want to play so bad that they are happy to give it up. Anything to get on the field and help their team.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I guess Travis Daniels in the 2001 SECCG would have come the closest to that situation. But even in that emergency spot, Saban gave Travis a choice in the matter...and Travis manned up and helped his team win that game.

6. tiger fan 2001

I hope that now that some stats have showed up here. Mainly from my post from LSUsports.net on the participation log that your view of Nick Saban can go back to the way you believed. Don't know about the in house visits but what Saban is getting paid fron LSU and Miami 75K did not matter. I believe he wanted to coach these guys and his leaving was a hard decision. ONLY HE KNOWS FOR SURE. But that's the way I am going after watching the guy 5 years. Saban gets the benefit of the doubt until PROVEN otherwise.

7. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Amen brother :thumb: .

8. BB

BB Founding Member

Thanks for the info. Daniels definitely made his own decision. If anyone talks to Steltz, please let us know...

9. tiger fan 2001

Steltz would have made this decision against Mississippi State. Probably not a decision like Daniels had. Steltz would have been looking at playing time for most of the season.

10. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

Do not forget that Saban always gives any post-season bonuses to his assistant coaches anyway.