crawfish i owe you an apology....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 11, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

yo mud bug....i owe you an i am sorry....i'm new to this format of dialog and i thought there was only one route to it.....the one the internet took you too....my reason for coming here was to share all kinds of experiences that people my age group had (athletic, academic, etc).....now that i know there are all kinds of rooms i'll be a whole lot better.....yes....i am that ignorant....never done this before......but i can make good gumbo (just shrimp no crawfish).......bye

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

You lost me

I just walked in from crawfish boil.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Man I'm envious!!! The guy that delivers them to us in Atlanta won't be coming for at least another week.

4. snorton938

i mean i was trying to do it all in this room.....i didn't know there was a free speech alley room or the other ones......i like talking lsu sports but i also want to find out how the schools changed (i mean i haven't been back there in 20 yrs)......older you get, the more you realize just how much you miss it....

5. snorton938

how was the crawfish boil......out of curiosity, did you catch them or buy them....if you bought them how much are they charging a pound.....reason i ask is i bought some and had a choice, 5 lbs with shell or 1 lb shelled both were $6.99......bought the shelled and i looked on the back of the bag.....you are gonna laugh......it said "product of china".......

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I was gonna say that fresh La. crawfish tails are selling for about $10.99/lb. That's right outta my father-in-laws store in Acadiana.

Even boiled, that's really cheap, since last week, they were going for about $3/lb boiled in BR.

7. snorton938

is the $3/lb shelled or unshelled? because if i was getting 5 lbs for $6.99 in the shell it would've been a good deal but if i got 1 lb shelled for $6.99 then i got robbed.

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

$3/lb is in the shell, whole crawfish. Peel 'em yourself. You might have been looking at 5 lbs for $6.99 live to cook yourself. CRAWFISH might be able to verify that price, since he does a lot of boiling. Not really worth it to boil only 5 lbs yourself.

When you talk tails, it usually means uncooked and peeled (tailmeat and fat only). The price is higher because of the labor involved in peeling and packaging in what we refer to as a Cajun Sweatshop.

9. snorton938

no, the 5 lbs were in shell and boiled (but they were frozen)....i guess i don't feel as bad paying the $6.99 for the tails (boiled and frozen too).....thanks a lot for the info.....

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

We boiled around 90 pounds of crawfish. I believe they ran about $1.50 a pound.
    NICE SIZE. VERY CLEAN