Credit where credit is due....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Well we beat ole Matt up pretty good the last few weeks. I was a big part of it. And he deserved every bit of it. But he just played the game of his life. We needed him to come through, and he found that accuracy again, and got the job done.

I'll admit, I was starting to see more of the same in the first half, but he got it going and had an amazing second half.

Good Job Matt! We'll take all of that you can give us.

1 person likes this.
  2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I agree.

And also about giving credit... I think we can see that Doucet is the glue to not only the passing game, but the spark for the entire offense. He was great tonight.

3. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Hester Won't win the Heisman.... But my hope is that he gets drafted in the 1st Round in April and gets his $$PAYDAY$$

:geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

4. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Did you not think MF's ankle sprain had anything to do with his play the past few weeks? It's obvious he was at 100% for the first time since his injury. I'm so happy he's back. He's one tough guy will a steady hand when the game is on the line. Way to go MF! :thumb:

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Yes I did, and I clearly stated so in each and everyone of my critical posts about his play.

6. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Ankle sprain and a group of receivers who couldn't catch the ball. As soon as LaFell went to the bench and Toliver was inserted the passing game picked up. If you add all the dropped passes to Matts completion percentage he would be having a good season. For the first time this season we opened up the passing game in the second half allowing some cohesion to the offense.

7. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I think Flynn is a rhythm passer. He needs to throw more to get into a groove. That happened tonight. I just wish he could stay on the field and stay in that rhythm. Same for running backs as well.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Incredible performance tonight. My only beef was that if Flynn was only 75 percent last week, then RP should have played much more vs Kentucky to give us a better chance. I can't blame Flynn if the coach just sticks him out there no matter if he can't plant his back foot. Not his fault.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

We saw less Lafell and J. Mitch and more of Byrd and Toliver. :)

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Toliver and Byrd were both impressive.