crow!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Just seems the bashers got hit like a gnat with a sledgehammer after knowing that their cause is lost... of course idiots like them had no idea that their babbling and crap had zero to do with what Skip was going to do anyhow.

They will be back... BB anonymous is full of them now going to their thursday night meetings.... it is in their blood to hate and bash...

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Personally....I never claimed to be this basketball athletic talent guru....in fact I'll be the first person to admit that I don't even like basketball, NBA or NCAA, unless I'm playing. I always seems to get into it around tournament time though. I just can't bring myself to like the guy as our basketball coach. The fact that I don't like him doesn't make him a bad coach either. I don't have to be a John Brady fan to be an LSU fan...sorry if you don't like it.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

i too don't like him as a person. but as my esteemed pal recently told me, nobody liked saban much either.

he's had a poor attitude with his team in the past and with the fans. he's had some recruiting issues stemming from probation and bad choices (Lloreda, Tim Bush, Tony Gipson, JueMichael Young, etc) and some mediocre players who really never contributed on the level they were capable of contributing (antonio hudson is probably the best example of this, but theres been others). he's always been a solid coach who preached tough defense and a get-the-ball-in-the-hands-of-the-playmakers offense featuring a solid big man in the middle. some of us might like to see fancier offense featuring guards who light it up from 3, but as we've seen recently that doesn't always lead to success because lets face it those shots aren't that high percentage and it's impossible to be hot all of the time.

he's been tremendously lucky this year to have such a great recruiting class of baton rouge kids who grew up together. having said that, he doesn't need to do a lot of the bob knight tough love approach that got him in trouble with his players last year because these kids are all self-motivated and tight with each other. they all work hard and play under control unlike a certain point guard who could never seem to reign it in. however you've seen him play extremely well as evidenced by a 16 point 10 rebound 8 assist performance against alabama at home. cjb will have a quandary next year when it comes time to decide who gets to play out of tack, gt14, dameon mason, voogd, and terry martin, jr who arrives in the spring. this is the first time in years and years that we have ten scholarship players all capable of contributing.

cjb needs to continue to recruit the character kids that are self motivated, talented, and coachable. the new nba draft rule helps him do that. open a 24 hour phone line to collis temple jr.

4. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

my duke friend was telling me how great JJ was from 3 point range.

I told him that three point teams dont do that well in the tournament, just because one night that team might be cold.

5. shaqazoolu

Saban was my hero. I don't know anyone that didn't like him....but to each his own I guess. Others' apparent dislike for Saban seems just as silly to me as my dislike for Brady seems to everyone else I suppose.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

um, he was an ******* to everyone. you can go ahead and deny that if ya want.

7. shaqazoolu

I won't deny it. Thats part of the reason why I like him so much.

8. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

brady bashers are soooo in denial right now... the preposition funk they are in is hilarious... If CJB... But CJB recruited bad players... Because I didn't like CJB... pure bashism at its highest form.. next thursday's meeting at the BB anonymous will be a rallying cry to find more things wrong with him...

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I guess it takes one.... :wink:

I met Nick and he seems like he's just an VERY intense guy.

Some folks take that one way and some take it the other ...
    (that almost sounds suggestive :hihi: )

You could surmise that the timid would say that he's a jerk
    and the bold find him inspirational...

Personally I find his style fascinating and his work ethic unbelievable...

And I will always be grateful to him because he helped us get :crystal: