Crowd on the sideline ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TomyDingo, Nov 11, 2002.

1. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

What pissed me off before the hail mary play, was that Kentucky LET their fans on the sideline for the last play! Can they do this? They ran on the field before the play was over! I guess it shows how things are different in Commonwealth Stadium and Tiger Stadium (The LSU fans have to rush past security).

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

That made me mad too...

but that is what made the touchdown soooo much better. The faces on the fans that were rushing out to taunt Randall, when they realized what had happened was priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

i guess they got what they deserved!

4. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

I had the pleasure of seeing the game in person and I must say it was a F*!#%@! emotional roller coaster. After what happened throughout the game, we LSU fans sat in utter silence and watch UK fans line the sideline prepraring to celebrate. I thought their actions were very unsportsmanlike and I was waiting for a penalty to be called. All I could do was watch and wish for something to happen that would prevent them from celebrating. Of course there was no penalty on either side of the ball and within seconds we (LSU fans) went from disgust to utter jubilation. Our fans were hugging, high-fiving and just beside ourselves that our team redeemed themselves, literally "in the face of UK fans."

I must also say that LSU fans were good sports about the win and I did not see any taunting after the game. Maybe because everyone was speechless.

One more thing. I say LSU fans line the sidlines and endzones for the Bama game and see if the refs continue the game.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I say we dont give Alabama fans anything to talk about. I think LSU fans should stay in their seats and be LOUD until the clock strikes zero, at which point everyone calmly leaves the stadium after claiming the "W" we expected.

6. VP-TIGER

VP-TIGER Freshman

I hate to remind you but I was at the Florida game in 97 and in the student section when we started to run on the field before the game was over. I was at the very bottom and had no choice but to run or get run over. We were on the field and there was still about 30 seconds left. But the big difference was that we were up by 14 and Florida didn't have a chance to win. It was beautiful to see the faces on those kids at UK. Those dumbass' were tearing down the goalpost while LSU was celebrating.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Florida?

We won by 7 (28-21) but had the ball so we could run out the clock. I remember trying to do the math to see if we'd have to punt but when Dan Borne (sp?) said "Please do not run out onto the field," I knew there was nothing Visor Boy could do and we'd be celebrating until the sun came up. Of course, had to watch the ESPN replay at 2:30 AM.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU will have cops and security guards shoulder to shoulder around the field in the last 5 minutes of the game. They have done this in big games ever since the goalposts came down in '97. Big lawsuit if someone gets hurt.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

IMHO

It is totally Bush League to:
    a. Dump Gatorade on the coach
    b. Storm the field and
    c. tear down the goalposts

after a regular season game especially one that doesn't clinch anything. That goes for LSU fans as well.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I totally agree, SabanFan.