Crown Jarrett

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ok awesome, Nov 7, 2009.

1. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

He just can't handle the pressure.

Great physical talent.
    But a head case under pressure.

He plays as if he expects bad things to happen.

2. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I will be the first to admit I was wrong about JL, I honestly thought He had a better passing game than JJ. I was sure that he would come in and Ice the Bama game. Where is the Crow?

3. druss

druss Freshman

unbeliveable

i'm new to the forum and i usally don't say much but....les has gradually gone down hill since 2007. This years team has so much tallent, but he can't manage the team....play russell shepard....stop taking to many chances.....and get jarrett lee off that team! he is horrible! how did he get to baton rouge! shoulda stayed big 12.
    GOD im so mad!!!!!!!

Les needs to pull the team together!

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought Lee did well. Don't forget we had 4 and 5 called back on a phantom false start, a face mask on the end, we were going to score on that drive. Everything after Bama kicked that last field goal didn't matter.

5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I have always wondered how he could be such a highly rated QB coming out of HS when he only played one year.:insane:

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this.

it's a shame how many guys went down in this one and how much their absence mattered.

7. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

He played well for that one drive, with a lead, coming in at the LSU 40, and completing "one" pass(ie: not much pressure). The next touchdown drive all of the yards gained were runs or penalties on Bama, except his one 6 yard completion. When there was no time to run the ball(pressure), he was missing open guys with horrible throws.

8. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

Lee was a sitting duck at the end when LSU went to the 5 wide receiver set with no blocking backs in backfield. If you noticed, JJ usually had at least one back in the backfield, to help with the pass rush. As I have said previously, when LSU puts a QB in shotgun with no backs to help block or threaten a draw play, the QB is either knock downed or sacked, be it JJ or JL.

Having said that, I dont think JL can lead this LSU team. simply too inconsistent.

We lost b/c of too many penalties - like false starts, running into punter - these small penalties often resulted in major game changes. Thats discipline, and I hate we made those mistakes. And injuries, of course.

9. swac02

swac02 Veteran Member

All you guys should get off these QB'S, I have been saying all along that OFL is not that good. They opened up one hole all night, thats when Scott got the big run. The offense have to be balanced run and pass. On another point and I quote we have Holiday and Sheppard, they could have challenged the Bama Line backers in the middle of the field, didnt see nothin like that happen. How many down the field passes? you can count them on 1 hand. They need to stop the conservative crap and open up a can of woop ass and stop playing like they are timid. We let Bama hang around in the first half, we have the tools to blow them out. I'm not going to make any excuses but if I was coach you can bet Holiday and Sheppard would be well apart of the Offense and I would turn them loose to reck havoc on apposing defenses. :tigereye:

1 person likes this.
  10. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

On a side note, Holiday can't seem to find a hole or make a cutback to save his life. Unless it's against Tulane. All that speed is useless if you're just running head to head into people.