Crowton > genius < points per game average

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Nov 15, 2009.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Since we're talking about personell.....

For those wondering about our offensive line problems, it's pretty simple to me.

Go to scout.com. Look at all the highly rated Offensive linemen we signed in '05, '06 and '07.

How many of those guys are still on the roster? Not very many.

I know this is a little off-topic. I don't blame Crowton for these guys leaving the program.

I'm just sayin...

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

1 person likes this.
  2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I'd love to see a good QB position coach added to the staff.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'd like to see preventive maintenance type techniques used to keep us in the hunt for the SEC every season. Which means using our freshmen and sophomores more... other teams are getting great play from kids who've never played at the collegiate level until this season, and their lighting teams up... why can't we use more of our younger studs... maybe that's what starts bringing in the huge gainer, flashy runner types.... early playing time for those who earn it. Somethings broke, not sure what...

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

All very good points got to say I totally agree. Just really frustrating to see all the talent on this team going to waste. What scares me is what happens if this starts to affect recruiting then we are stuck with this OC and less talented players. Makes me a little concerned.

1 person likes this.
  5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Okay, I've decided to have another glass of wine and celebrate that we are the #10 team in the country. :thumb: The QB position is a very delicate position on any football team. We didn't have JJ last night and to finish the job at Alabama and it shows. I suspect that Russell Shephard isn't ready to play QB (some say he'll never play the position) and they aren't going to lose Garrett's redshirt at this point in the season. Lots of good points made in this thread I don't think its quite as simple as some might think. Go Tigers :thumb:

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If Garrett is as good as everyone says, he'll be our next real hope.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Why does everyone want to burn his redshirt now? That's stupid. Maybe if jj was hurt and we were heading to Atlanta, I could see it. But I just don't think its smart at this point in the season.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I agree now, and I was hoping we wouldn't need to burn RS's either... but that didn't pan out, and now that we have consistency issues on offense, i'm just saying might as well try ANYTHING to put some points on the board, but I agree with 2 games left it'd be stupid to.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed. And how many 5-star High School All American quarterbacks are still on the roster from then? 2008 and 2009 would have been very different if Ryan Perrilloux was as serious about football as he was about being a gangsta.

10. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

When Jimbo left for the Seminoles, we did not replace him with a SEC caliber QB coach. GC is not a QB coach and the QB play shows. The need to develop these young men in this league is vital to the success of the program going forward. If CLM does not make a change in this regard, we can only hope JJ & RS gets us wins with their talent overcoming technique.

Anyone can call plays from a clip board, but it takes a mentor to be classified as a coach.

I've made many post about this in the past on here and I'm still blue in the face (Boise field blue that is.)