Crowton > genius < points per game average

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Nov 15, 2009.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He's big and supposedly smart. The 11th ranked pro-style QB in this class. I don't know what will happen with RS, but assuming he is still a QB next fall, that would give us 5 QBs on scholarship, plus McCartney. That's also assuming Lee does not transfer.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

good post.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Tell em to suit up for the next game and sneak in with the band :hihi:

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, JLee was 12th rated, as I recall, out of a TX high school, so ZLee being 11th rated doesn't mean that much to me. It all sounds good when talking size, stats, ratings, potential, etc, but it doesn't mean shytt until you prove it on the field against SEC talent, as JLee proves, or a lack of an OC/QB developer proves, depending on your perspective.

5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Very very true as we seem to be seeing with this OC. Kind of a shame to waste talent like that.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Totally agree, but the rankings are not completely without merit. I'll take the 11th rated QB over the 50th rated any day. Though on occasion the lower ranked guy will turn out to be the better prospect, it is against the odds. Our lowest rated QB of the last few years was Garrett, and he was 18th. Eventually, one of them will have to pan out.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not to give GC any credibility, but USC's qb hasn't lit the world on fire, and he has been put in the same situation as JJ. We all know how many qb's have come out of USC and gone pro, not saying that they are worth a heap of crap in the pros, but they were in college. Just a comparison of 2 qbs in different systems that one is known for coaching qbs up, USC, and the other really isn't, LSU, but I like our situation better. We are 8-2, in the SEC, USC is 7-3 in the Pac-10.

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

The game is too fast for Lee and has slowed down for JJ. Lee is over his head and may never become a quality QB no matter who the OC QB coach might be. It appears Lee is a slow learner.

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Yes, yes. I Know, I know. But we're still in the top ten. We only have two games to go against at least one team struggling (hint, we play them last) and one team doing fairly well. I think we can beat both of these teams. Yeah, it isn't usually pretty. But a win's a win, and we're improved over last year in the almight W's category:geaux:

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The speed of the game is a killer for many college prospects. Many don't take this into consideration when they look at how poorly a player is performing. I think that you hit the nail on the head. Lee has not been able to make the transformation from high school ball to college ball in regards to how fast the game is. He maybe an excellent QB for teams that are in slower paced conferences, but the SEC is just too fast for him.