Crowton needs to go

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Nov 15, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Come on... Did Florida really run between the tackles with Percy Harvin. I know they have done a ton of dive plays this year (which really boggles how no one can stop that stupid play) but do you really think they had a huge power running game the last 2-3 years running? Florida isn't a pro/power offense. It's a spread option that works.

Am I the only one that thinks Crowton is holding JJ and JL's hands in this offense? Not trying to make excuses, (I don't know what's the deal with the Offense this year) but I just think they're trying not to cause a 2008 implosion again. And I know, we're two games and a bowl game shy of the season end; however, if it's worked this far, I think that's why there isn't a change. But I'll entertain the idea that we need a new OC, or at the very least, some type of change with plays. :geauxtige

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

They ran between the tackles ALOT. They just didn't do it with the I-formation. Florida has made their living from attacking the middle of the field and using their speedsters to turn the corner.

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I dunno... Seems to me that that they ran a ton of end-arounds and sweeps and reverses, I'll say that I never watched too much Florida anyway. I just remember Harvin running a ton outside. But I'll take your word for it.

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Check it out :wave:
    YouTube - Florida Gators 2009 Juggernaut Offense 2.0

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It would be extremely desperate for Dinardo to come back here as anything else than HC. Even my Miles hating friends wouldn't like that :tigereye:

1 person likes this.
  6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Oh extremely desperate for him, I disagree.
    There are plenty of coaches that return to different teams in a different role when they were the top dog years before.
    Mike Archer was head coach at LSU and was fired and became defensive coordinator at Kentucky.
    Bill Oliver was promised the coaching job at Alabama and didn't get the job then left and went to Auburn.

I do have more personal knowledge of this happening in baseball.
    Clint Hurdle fired as manager of the Rockies now a hitting coach for the Rangers.
    Don Baylor fired as manageer of the Rockies now a hitting coach for the Rockies.

Gerry Dinardo has been away from football for a few years now.
    I don't think it would be a bad thing or a desperate thing if he came back as offensive coordinator.
    It might be "fun again" for him, he has already been a head coach and maybe he would enjoy being on the field and an offensive coordinator.

I realize I could be wrong but i could also be right, who knows at this point.
    Its a thought.
    I don't really think its any different than college coaches who failed or quit the NFL and went back to coach at college.
    I'd like to know how many points Dinardo's teams scored at LSU.
    I will see if I can search and find out but I know he put up 42 points against Saban.
    I will say one thing though, If Les Miles is screwing up what the coordinators are trying to do it is all on him!

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The objective of running between the tackles or in Scott's case running up the back of T-Bob is to get the defense to play that as an option.... here's a hint... the defense was already doing that when Scott is in the game.

Throwing mechanics can be improved but unless you can modify his DNA to make him physically something he is not, then good luck. Can I be instructed to improve my 40 times? Sure, can I be instructed to run a 4.3 in the 40? No.

I agree there.

I would say it's not dramatic enough.
    Lee - defense plays pass
    Scott in I - run up T-Bob's back
    Shepard - option run

I think williams played fine, huge holes, he took more advantage then Ridley but it was one game. My thoughts are Ridley is a better all around back, I certainly could be wrong... i would like to see more. Williams career is coming to a close and the only NFL team I could see him fitting into is the Patriots basically Kevin Faulks roll.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

But how many have gone back to the same school? Dinardo would not be welcome here.

In Dinardo's last year, 1999, LSU was 96th in total offense at 301.73 yards/game. They were 97th in scoring offense that year with 20.3 points/game. Dinardo's most prolific scoring offense came in 1997 with 31.08 points/game.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't totally know although that I know that Bill Oliver went back and forth between Alabama and Auburn.
    Like I said its happened numerous times in pro baseball.
    I get your point if he came back as head coach but as offenisve coordinator would be a different story Imho.
    The fans and LSU will accept whoever CLM's brings in as coordinators like they did with Crowton and other coordinators until things get like they are right now.
    Fair enough but I think the LSU players of today are probably better than they were then.
    He was the offensive coordinator for CU when they won the title.
    Anyway it was just a thought

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He did recruit well, but you are probably right. There were other issues in '99, too. He had a few years averaging 27-31 points.