Crowton resigns, accepts Maryland job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scottz87, Jan 12, 2011.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

I'll bet 50 bucks to your favorite charity that we have a least one thread calling for a coach to be fired in 2011.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That would mean you expect us to fug up. Damn strong football silences criticism.

3. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pelican Sports among the first this year to report that Les Miles to Michigan/Bo Pelini to LSU was a done deal?

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

OK, let me get this straight...the two main paragons of of objective journalism in Louisiana, Pelican Sports and Glen Gilbeau, are the promulgators of truth in regards to Gary Crowton's future career?

I hate to tell you, but, true journalists confirm their sources' information and ouija boards, divining rods, and and wild a$$ guessing from drinking buddies don't count !!

:huh:

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That was purely on Krysan's dumb arse. He took all the heat yesterday on his show and said Landry had nothing to do with the Miles to Michigan reports. And I'm inclined to believe Chris Landry far more than any of the usual Pelican or 1210 guys.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

no, it doesnt. to both.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Did you ever lose your nerve with Miles this season, Okie?

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm generally level headed, but I was fuming mad at the end of that Tennessee game. I don't care whether we won that game or not, that was an embarrassing mess of clock management. I've come to the conclusion he may be a nut-job, but he's OUR nut-job, damnit!

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

exactly. at the end of the tennesse game, i told a friend i felt like i had been kicked in the gut while being there was no santa claus. i havent said he is perfect and doesnt make mistakes. and sometimes they are doozies.

what i am saying is the man can have a great game and every little step will be dissected to where the man has to be perfect or he will be bashed by some. he should have run this play instead of that. so we just beat a top five team, we didnt do it the way some wanted or put up enough points to make em happy.

well, no one is perfect. the tenn type debacle, yeah, scream all you want. i was. i was at that game and thought i was gonna throw up. but when its a good game and a strong win, sit down and stfu, just because it wasnt exactly how you wanted it or enough style points for you.

in other words, be f*cking reasonable.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It's official.

Crowton took the Maryland job.
    :wave: