Crowton resigns, accepts Maryland job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scottz87, Jan 12, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No doubt, anyone who can turn Matt Leinart and Carson Palmer into Heisman winners knows what he is doing.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

why?

the running game was pretty dominant with almost zero passing game, again.

and dominated the bowl. we ran about 100 times passed twice.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

4. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

I'm trying to wonder what Maryland is actually thinking by hiring away the Crow. Was the idea to hide some of the ugliness of the Friedgen debacle by going out and "stealing" a big bad power coordinator from the SEC? I wanted a change at OC, but I won't pretend that another school offering him MORE money doesn't concern me.

It won't be next year that we find out what the deal is, of course. As the legend of the Crow goes, one year of prosperity, then your offense goes into the tank. Guess we'll see in 2013.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It doesn't concern me at all. We know we had a badly-underperforming offense for the past 2 years (I won't throw '08 into the mix, as our offensive numbers were good, well...except for the world record of pick sixes).

If Maryland wants to pay him big money to haul @$$ up there, good riddance.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Although the line play / running game improved this year, his overall body of work isn't that impressive, IMO. He probably won't go anywhere, but there's always hope. :grin: :LSU231:

7. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

Crowton was not a QB coach and never had one. Whoever they bring in better know how to groom a QB or better get an assistant who can. If not, the QB position ain't gettin no prettier....

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

It's a big risk going into a season with high hopes but it could be the spark we needed.

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Chip Kelly only had one year as an OC under his belt (at that powerhouse New Hampshire) before being hired as OC at Oregon. One year as OC at Oregon before being named HC. Sometimes all a guy needs is a chance. I'll be happy with Gonzo and support him enthusiastically until he proves otherwise.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It appears that Brady Hoke is bringing highly regarded Al Borges with him to Michigan, which leaves New Orleans native and former Michigan OC under Rich Rodriguez, Calvin Magee available.

Magee has obvious local ties, is highly respected as an OC, and is probably flying under the radar of most people.