Crowton: Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I used to think this, but have changed my mind a bit. I DO think Miles has meddled in the offense the last two years. And I don't blame him one bit. Now, it hasn't worked...but it already wasn't working.

In other words, I don't think Miles gives a rat's ass about philosophy, as long as it's working. But when he sees it isn't working, it's HIS job as HEAD COACH to do what he can to try to fix it. Also the reason I think he tried to fire Crowton last year, and wasn't "allowed" to. Miles is a CEO coach, and as long as his delegates are getting the job done, I seriously doubt he cares how they do it.

2. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

No decent quarterback in their right mind would come to LSU with our OC. Please, I beg you Les, get rid of this guy!!!

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Crowton & Studrawa both gotta go. And it doesn't matter who hits the door first, just so they both hit the bricks. :LSU231:

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

we should have gotten rid of gc and stud last year. Hopefully they "get new positions" over this off season.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I don't think Crowton gets all the blame, but it's time (past time) for some fresh air in the offense. The players and Les arn't going anywhere, SO . . .

Its a little like the manager in baseball - even when management knows there is no reason that making a change should improve the team they do it anyway just to shake things up. I think that's the kindest reason you could say about why we should change. The other side of that is "It's 2 F-ing years to late". I'm somewhere between those - but it's time to do something.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

He can go.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I'd like to see what he can do with an experienced QB who knows how to run his offense. I don't think he should take all the blame because the QB's we have are not suited for his offense. Granted, he could make some adjustments to better suit our personnel but it kind of makes you appreciate Jimbo Fisher all the more. The man could develop a quarterback. I do believe Crowton has a higher ceiling than Fisher as we saw with the 2007 offense...which was the greatest offense in LSU history statistically, I believe.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

And incorporated about 80% of Jimbo's offense. Crowton isn't a pimple on Fisher's ass.

2007 WAS his ceiling. His first year in a program is always his ceiling. History has this crazy tendency to repeat itself, and with Crowton, it's no different. We were warned by the BYU and Oregon people. They flat out predicted EXACTLY what has taken place. They told us he would be great the first year, and decline thereafter. They were right.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

He used 80% of his offense (20% of his own) and still had a better offense than any of Jimbo's? Well regardless, I tend to disagree with that because the 2007 offense was WAY different than the 2006 or any year before that actually.

Although he seems to be in the decline, history doesn't always determine the future. I would give him one more year with next year's offense and with our senior quarterbacks. If he can't do anything with Jefferson/Lee by next year, he needs to go. It's not really fair that his job hinges on Jordan Jefferson's development but he will be the one to take the fall if nothing happens.

Don't overlook that whenever Les calls a 4th down attempt, Crowton is the one calling the play and has had tremendous success at that. I don't think any school (in history?) has had the success we've had on 4th down the past few years.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I am actually yelling this as I type.