Crowton: Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

No. That IS the point. Good thoughts all around. Solid thinking, really. I certainly can agree with the notion that a change must be made, even if Crowton's problems are partly due to plain bad luck.

LSU needs to find a good QB scout who can recruit real QB talent. Crowton and Miles seem deficient in that area.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Excellent thoughts all around.

Absolutely true. That alone is enough to warrant somebody's dismissal.

PS And all other posts added good thoughts into the issue. I can't disagree with any of the posts. Even if Miles decided to keep Crowton for another year, I would not disagree with that, because it is up to the Head Coach to call the shots on this kind of issue.

I'd love it if Coach Miles could announce after the bowl game that LSU has formally hired a young "whiz kid genius" OC that proved to be "Sean Payton-esque" in his acumen at coaching QB and running an offense, but, I can't get upset if that doesn't happen and Coach decides to retain Crowton for another season.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I'm gonna make this my sig quote, SabanFan:thumb:

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It's not needed. I have yet to hear one true Tiger fan in support of him staying. The only ones that would vote for him to stay are opposing fans and trolls.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Would love to see lsu get an oc that runs a true pro style offense not this spread option bullcrap. I qb that's wants to go to the NFL would want scouts to see him successfully running an offense relative to what the NFL is doing. I think that is the way to recruit a real qb. With all the coaching changes that will happen in the NFL this year I would love to see lsu get a freshly unemployed NFL oc. I want to see lsu play hard azz smash mouth football and throw the ball down the field. If I were a young qb and had the choice of playing in a pro style offense I would because it would better prepare me for the draft. Miles first question should be are you planning to run the spread option and if the answer is yes keep looking

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

GEAUX...and take your QB with you!

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, so I think it's unanimous. Everyone wants Crowton gone.

The question is, will he be...

So.....

Do you THINK Gary Crowton will be gone after this season?

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm going to expect the worst (Crowton returns / JJ starts @ QB) and hope for the best (new, creative OC / Mettenberger @ QB) next season.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

For the record, I think that what you expect (the worst) is going to happen.

10. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm surprised he didn't announce just that at the presser Monday to get it out of the way.. :rofl: