Crowton: Stay or Go?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Believe what you want... He managed to land a job that pays close to 4 million dollars a year to do something he truly loves to do. And at this point, has had more success doing it at LSU than anyone else ever has. He's not as senseless as you might think.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

For the tiny amount of money I've been putting into the program as a season ticket holder over the years, 61-17 is WELL worth it...

Saying he's not just because you don't like his decisions is a bit short sighted, just like basing my judgment on his winning record alone.. so:

Winning average - Check.
    Won the SECWest (twice) - Check.
    Won a SEC Championship - Check.
    Won a National Championship - Check.
    Recruiting Classes - Check.
    Team Academic Performance - Check.
    Team Not on Parole - Check.
    Crazy enough fit in down here - Check.
    Runs a clean ship - Check.

So what if he screws the pooch from time to time? Name one that doesn't. So he hired an OC we don't like.. He didn't have much choice as far as doing something about it at the end of last season. Let's see what happens this time. He sure fixed the DC issues we had in '08 pretty well by getting Chavis.

Just sayin... It's about more than who our OC is, how many games we win, who the QB is, or whether you or I like the man.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

If Crowton had a truly outstanding talent at QB to work with, his work at OC might be excellent.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Les knows better than any of us that a lack of overall offense, NOT just problems at QB, cost us a BCS bowl and at the least a trip to Atlanta. He also knows what he'll be losing on special teams and defense, and with the same offensive productivity, we may be staring at 4-5 losses in 2011 with that schedule. Les may be nuts, but he isn't stupid. With the moves he's making to transition to a power running/pocket passing game, which is decidedly not Crowton's specialty, and after giving him all the chances in the world to make something out of our QBs, I think Crowton will be finding employment elsewhere in 2011.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

So you're gonna use Les keeping Crowton after this season against him. Do you have any proof of this?

No. At least I predicated my allegation with a clear "I THINK".

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Dennis Dixon.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Les will get rid of crowton. He give assistants a lot of chances but in the end he takes care of what has to be done.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This, which also is a testiment to how good of a coach Miles is. He first tries to improve his dept heads rather than replace them, while compensating for their shortcomings and still winning despite those shortcomings.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Averaged 10 wins a season for 6 years - Check.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

My post from another thread.

"As we all know, this situation with the LSU Offense has been going on for three seasons now.

I knew that losing Ryan P would set back our QB/Offense a bit, but, to be set back for three full seasons is profoundly disturbing to me.

I'm unable to easily overlook the problem for such a length of time by viewing our overall success during this time. That would be like winning sea battles but overlooking the fact that one of my ships routinely wasted all of its cannon balls by shooting high or low. The Captain of that errant ship is responsible for the gunnery proficiency of his crew.

I must hold that Captain accountable for his failure to train his gunners, despite that fact that I've lost only two battles out of ten. If I ignore this deficiency and allow this Captain to continue (perhaps because I like him personally, or maybe he's my brother-in-law), that makes me just as guilty of Dereliction of Duty as the Captain.

Are there some people in the LSU football organization who are somewhat like that Admiral Fleet Commander who gives that sub-standard Captain a pass?"

Yes, I'm profoundly disturbed. But, I admit that I don't know who to blame, or whether many are to blame, or whether nobody is to blame.