Crying over lost recruits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Jan 3, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

No shit, lost me at "In case you". Maybe he's paid by the letter.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

People starting threads crying about people crying, gotta love it.

Richdog and stevescookin like this.
  3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

ha ha this is funny...

I oppose this whole post for I do beleive a recruit should try to stay close to home. so his granny can go see him play! its tough on us old peeps going 5 states away and rooting for a team we dont like cause JR. wants to play there for whatever reason... screw what he wants! ;)

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

I donot think it is about and education for the players . Just a stepping stone to pro ball. They leave early , Forget the education . It is play for pay , that is why one will say I will go to LSU then changes his mind , and says I withdraw from LSU I am going to Bama or any other college . $$$$

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

so true they should just pay the palyers the education thing is a joke. they are here to play ball and learn to play ball not learn to be a butcher baker candlestick maker

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Sure but those undergraduate curriculums are available at Bama just in case.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Look, we do it to other schools in other states too. We consistently recruit well in Florida and Texas. When we landed Patrick Peterson from the state of Florida…we just got a commitment from one of the top recruits in Texas.

Sometimes, kids, in your own backyard or not, want to see what it's like living outside the state they grew up in. And college might be the only chance some of these kids get to experience that long term.

StaceyO and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

The first three are free, after that I get triple word scores.

furduknfish likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Imagine how bad it is for Kentucky hoops fans.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This x 1000.

For the life of me, I don't agree with the players' unions crying about the leagues denying their "right to work" as a reason to allow early entries into the NFL draft and especially the "one and done" rule in college basketball.

Shouldn't the leagues be able to set an age/experience/hell--even education requirement for a guy to get a job with them? I couldn't teach without a four-year degree--regardless of how ready I might've been when I was a junior in college. A doctor can't just skip medical school and residency. A lawyer won't get hired without a law degree.

Employers can set the requirements they deem fit, and wouldn't the leagues be better off with guys who are a little more educated and mature before they play a down in the NFL or step foot on the hardwood in the NBA?

mctiger and LSUDad like this.